Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baseball Help
Big Grin 
Baseball Help
It has been years since I have really done anything in Baseball. I was mainly into Ken Griffey Jr. like star such as Cal Ripken Jr, Frank Thomas, Don Matingly and Mike Piazza. I don't know to much about the new guys to collect. Who would be some great players to collect that is current and won't break the bank?
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

RE: Baseball Help
Mariano Rivera, Mccutchen, Ortiz, longoria to start and surprisingly the best player is cheap in Cabrera (besides his rc auto)

Anyone who has the stuff to be very good but hasn't broken out yet.
[Image: sig2_zps1ec2af91.jpg]

Miguel Cabrera, Evan Longoria, Joe Mauer, Dustin Pedroia, Justin Verlander.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Unless you are in it for the $, I say collect whoever you like.

Welcome back to the hobbySmile

If you're in it only for the money, you'll get burned. That said, there are a lot of guys out there who you can collect that won't break the bank and that you won't lose money on (if you buy smart) and might even do well with. A prime example is Miguel Cabrera. To me, he is particularly collectible because, not only is he one of the best players in the game, but he debuted in a time when there were a lot more card companies. As a result, he has a ton of cards to collect from the early 2000s (especially after 2004). Another nice thing about Cabrera is that he only has a handful of rookie cards. A player of his caliber today would have DOZENS of rookie cards. Still, Cabrera is a fun player to collect because he's in his prime and his career has spanned so many card releases (especially from brands that no longer exist).

If I were you and starting a collection today, I would collect 1) my favorite established player of my local team (or any team); 2) my favorite young player from my local/favorite team; and 3) my favorite prospect from my local/favorite team. This is especially cool if you have a minor league team nearby that you can follow.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*