`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does this happen? PSA bumps UP??

RE: How does this happen? PSA bumps UP??
(12-18-2013, 03:09 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, I wouldn't trust any of the vintage stuff, but figured I was pretty safe with these. Plus, if I ever wanted to move them, it would be a lot easier if they were slabbed.
I wonder though how tired people get of grading/authenticating sports cards in that field of work?? Everyday looking through magnifying glass....

I agree though, newer autos should be 99.9 % safe...

I've been meaning to pick up this book though...

http://www.amazon.ca/Operation-Bullpen-K...on+bullpen

Yeah, for that matter, basically any company other than Topps that doesn't personally witness each signing could be suspect.

Like, you mail out a box of stickers to the athlete, where's the guarantee that they didn't just hire their nephew to sit there and sign stickers for six hours?

(12-18-2013, 03:33 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, for that matter, basically any company other than Topps that doesn't personally witness each signing could be suspect.

Like, you mail out a box of stickers to the athlete, where's the guarantee that they didn't just hire their nephew to sit there and sign stickers for six hours?
I've thought that all along about these mass signings of sports cards. I'm sure the guy signing is pretty into it at first, but what about when you get into that nine-hundredth count...or you're signing thousands upon thousands of cards...

The same can be said for grading companies also... maybe? Lazy Friday, don't feel like working, we all experience that feeling. This is what I picture at a grading company on Friday afternoon...haha .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnMdSMvhXz8

HAHAHA .... just kidding...

That's pretty good — I hadn't seen that one before.

The subjectivity has always bothered me, but like someone said, until they get computers to do it, what are you going to do?

i know someone that had a card of a baseketball player with a 7 on it from bgs.. he is a long time seller on ebay and has a card shop. He kept looking at the card and called bgs several times to ask why such a low grade. bgs kept telling him to resubmit so they could look at it (for an additional cost).. he put it off for a long time. then he said "i am being screwed with a double charge" but did it.. it came back a 9.5 with 10's.. from a 7!!

I didnt believe it too much when he told me, but now after i hear all these grade changes (from years, not just this thread), i am starting to believe.. and i am gonna try it one day.. with rip[ken/henderson psa 9s.. lmao!! you know the price difference from a 9 to a 10!?!?!?!?!?! anyway.. thought i would share..
I've got Pro Set for Trade. All years, All sports, including Non-Sport and Errors and Variations. I collect All Pro Set and All Baseball from 1980 - 1991.

(12-18-2013, 04:00 PM)TaToRz Wrote: i know someone that had a card of a baseketball player with a 7 on it from bgs.. he is a long time seller on ebay and has a card shop. He kept looking at the card and called bgs several times to ask why such a low grade. bgs kept telling him to resubmit so they could look at it (for an additional cost).. he put it off for a long time. then he said "i am being screwed with a double charge" but did it.. it came back a 9.5 with 10's.. from a 7!!

I didnt believe it too much when he told me, but now after i hear all these grade changes (from years, not just this thread), i am starting to believe.. and i am gonna try it one day.. with rip[ken/henderson psa 9s.. lmao!! you know the price difference from a 9 to a 10!?!?!?!?!?! anyway.. thought i would share..
Thanks for that! Always good when you hear peoples dealings with the grading companies. I guess you can only trust so much in this industry, oh well. Computers may put an end to this, but then again, computers are only as good as their programmers....I think...