`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blank back printing errors

Blank back printing errors
I am curious to know how common blank back cards are. I have a 1982 Topps, Moose Haas that is completely blank on the back. I remember pulling it from a package as a kid and thinking that it was kind of neat. Anyone else out there run across this type of printing error?
Collecting the following players:
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=

RE: Blank back printing errors
Blank back down through the ages have been fairly common esp. in the 80's and 70's

blank backs arent referred to as "errors", but rather as flaws. but blank backs (and missing foil/wrong backs, miscuts, etc) are more common during eras of heavy production. in the past 3 years, there has more of these flawed cards getting out, because production has been ramping up again (the strasburg/harper/trout effect)

Thanks for the replies, and setting me straight with the correct terminology that it is a flaw, not an error (been away from actively collecting cards for close to 20 years so I am behind the curve in many areas).
Collecting the following players:
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=