`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With Buster Posey Card I Got...

Help With Buster Posey Card I Got...
Man, I really hope this is the proper place to post this. Haven't collected baseball cards since I was a kid, and just got back into it. Feels like I either didn't learn a lot about the hobby as a kid, or things have changed a lot and having to learn a lot now. So, if this is the wrong forum or place to ask this question, please let me know where to post things like this and any other questions I have.

I can't seem to figure out specifically what card I got. I have a 2013 Bowman Chrome Buster Posey card (card number is BDPP128). It looks to me like it is a "blue refractor" (though, I am not sure of the exact definition on what makes a refractor yet). On the front of the card, it says "1st Bowman Chrome Card", and also has an autograph. I can't tell if it is a REAL autograph, or if it is just one of those signatures that Bowman used to print on the card several years back. I do not see any sort of hologram or anything accompanying it, or anything saying certified (this did come out of a sealed pack). It looks exactly like the image I attached except for these differences...

1- Without the grading
2- The signature on the card I have is in black
3- The card looks WAY more like a refractor

I'm pretty sure that it is some sort of reprint, but I cannot seem to figure out how to find it on Beckett. I have typed in all sorts of combinations to search for it. The card number brings up some other person totally, and no Buster Posey. Unless I am doing something wrong.

Can someone let me know what they believe this card is exactly, or pass along some pointers to help me search for it on here? When I Google it, the only thing I can really come up with is eBay listings lol. I would really appreciate it.

Oh, also... Can someone explain to me what a "box-break" is, and what those forums are all about? I see folks posting pics of cards they got, but some of the lingo they are using is drowning me out lol. Thanks.

-Stedman
Oh, good grief... For some reason, I can't get the attachment to actually show...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Help With Buster Posey Card I Got...
In 2013 Bowman included a reprint, subset, insert of famous players' 1st Bowman card in blue ... And it's not an autograph, just a repro facsimile.
Probably not worth the time to find its listing Smile
try searching "2013 bowman rookie reprint posey blue sapphire"

As far as the lingo people are using ... Can't help you there, without specifics.
A box break is usually a 3rd party that rips into a box, or case of cards. People buy "spots" into the break, usually they buy a team ... And they get whatever is opened that is from their team, or spot. It's kinda random, hit or miss. You can end up doing really well, unless you buy a spot for the Astros Smile
Hope some of this helps!
Welcome back!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

attachments dont work. upload your image to imageshack.us or photobucket o something similar, then use the forum code to post the image here

Like DrMitch said, it seems to be like the Sapphire reprints this year. Could it be this?...

http://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball/2013/...ey/6760146

(12-13-2013, 01:24 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: A box break is usually a 3rd party that rips into a box, or case of cards. People buy "spots" into the break, usually they buy a team ... And they get whatever is opened that is from their team, or spot.
Great info... Thanks. Now, by 3rd party, who would that be referring to? Like, a group meeting a card shop or something? Can you give an example if that is a wrong guess and how to locate a box breaking, or is it stuff that is pretty hush hush? How much does it cost to buy a "spot" or team usually? What is actually getting opened or "ripped" into? Just regular packs or boxes bought from a store?

Lol for some reason, I am imagining some sort of black market baseball card thing going down lol.

And thanks for the welcome back.

(12-13-2013, 10:26 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: attachments dont work. upload your image to imageshack.us or photobucket o something similar, then use the forum code to post the image here
Thanks. Next time I am need to post an attachment, I will do that. Lol signed up for Photobucket YEARS ago and have only had one image on it since. Might as well use it finally lol.
(12-13-2013, 03:31 PM)lcm1223 Wrote: Like DrMitch said, it seems to be like the Sapphire reprints this year. Could it be this?...
Actually, that looks like that is the one. Do I use the keywords that DrMitch suggest to try and search for it on here?

"2013 sapphire posey reprint" will get you where you want to go...

As far as group breaks, from the few I have done, it has consisted of me buying a share in a break (specific/random team, pack # etc) and then someone else opening packs, and sending me my share. Some people have posted with some random hits that are awesome, and several people seem to do really well with these... From my limited experience though, it is a complete gamble... With worse odds than buying your own pack/box for the right price...
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

For box breaks...as stated you purchase a slot (team mainly but I have seen division breaks and league breaks also) and get the cards from your slot. LCS have them, friends do them but you will find them on mainly on the Bay. Pricing / cost of the slot depends on the on the product and also the team you are going for. Some are all same priced, but most have a tier setting...ie Yanks/Red Sox/Dodgers will be higher than Padres/Astros. Also depending on who is hot, that will drive the cost up (Trout/Angles, Haper/Nats).

Some 3rd party breakers are honest....some are not. Myself, unless I am there in person, I don't do them anymore. Nothing happened to me, but I have just seen to many scams. And, as honest as folks may be, if the Babe Ruth Cut auto pulled this year was part of a break and not opened by a person from a box purchase, whoever had the Yanks in that break would never have seen that card. JMO.... Welcome back, enjoy and have fun.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Thanks everyone for the great info. Gives me a lot to think about and consider.

Another question regarding a card and what it says on Beckett... Today, I went to a card shop and picked up a pack of 2013 Allen & Ginters. In the pack I got a C.J. Wilson Mini A&G Back Red. It has "06/25" hand written at the bottom (which I assume is the serial number...) When I looked it up on here, it says there was only a print run of 25 of these cards, and when it came to pricing it said "N/A". How can I gauge the value of the card since it says that?

(12-14-2013, 09:36 PM)StedmanRecon Wrote: Thanks everyone for the great info. Gives me a lot to think about and consider.

Another question regarding a card and what it says on Beckett... Today, I went to a card shop and picked up a pack of 2013 Allen & Ginters. In the pack I got a C.J. Wilson Mini A&G Back Red. It has "06/25" hand written at the bottom (which I assume is the serial number...) When I looked it up on here, it says there was only a print run of 25 of these cards, and when it came to pricing it said "N/A". How can I gauge the value of the card since it says that?
you will have to look at online sales to get an idea, stuff numbered under 25 usually doesnt have pricing. i would say sell value would be $25-30.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

Cool deal. Thanks.