`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little OT: Early Christmas Present to Myself

Little OT: Early Christmas Present to Myself
Ever since I was 6 years old watching the Cubs at my grandpa's house with his famous frying pan popcorn, I have dreamed of living in Chicago and having season tickets at Wrigley. After high school, I moved out east for college and then work, and put myself on the Cubs waiting list. I moved to Chicago almost 2 years ago basically sight unseen when I was offered a transfer at work. I was here for a few games in my youth and a few other visits for concerts, etc. but really had no idea what I was getting into. My number on the waitlist finally came up, making my move here permanent.

Today I bought myself this view for 81 games, minus the snow. One day I hope I can upgrade but 6 year old me is pretty happy right about now. Really, really hoping they continue making the Topps Cubs Archives set this year, especially for the 100th Anniversary of Wrigley.

[Image: IMG_20131211_140045.jpg]

This is the Archives set from last year. There was a second set given away to STH only that was foil stamped "Season Ticket Holder".

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/glassnickel...chives-sga

What are you buying yourself for the holidays or hoping for? Always hoping for some cards to rip but this year I don't need anything else.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

RE: Little OT: Early Christmas Present to Myself
Congrats! Dreams do come true!!
Great seats! Covered for rain, protected from the sun and a closer walk to the bathrooms. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Awesome...congrats! Nice seats. Have no idea how free they let you move around there but your in prime location (area anyway) for some visiting IPA's from the bullpen! Enjoy and here's hopeing they go 78-3 at home this year (not sure how many games Phils are in town for LOL).
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

That's so awesome. I would kill for season tickets to the Mets. Enjoy my man
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

(12-11-2013, 05:15 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Congrats! Dreams do come true!!
Great seats! Covered for rain, protected from the sun and a closer walk to the bathrooms. Smile
Yep, we took my 7- and 4-year-olds to their first game this year, A's-Angels at the end of July.

Our seats were out in the blistering sun, and it looked like we wouldn't make it to the 7th inning, but a strategic move to the shade and a couple of chocolate malts got us through all nine innings.

Nice job, sir, enjoy!

Thanks everyone! Baseball season cannot get here fast enough (especially with the state of the Packers at the moment).

I went to a couple dozen games last year and pretty much always sat in the same area. The cover is nice and it's very close to the Captain Morgan club Smile

Don't get me wrong, I'd take those club box seats any day...
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

congrats man and enjoy! I've had the 20 game pack at Target Field since it was built. Wish I lived closer and had the time for 81 games, that would be a blast!