`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stolen Collection

Stolen Collection
Last Friday night, I was in the middle of a move, and left my cards (about 5700 of them) in a locked pickup truck just outside the church where I work. I had intended to pick them up that night, but got a ticket on the way and forgot to stop by. Someone broke into the truck and stole the whole thing, along with a TV and a Blu-ray player. Most of them are from 1968-1974, and I have them all listed in a spreadsheet. I have pictures of three or four of them from when I was thinking about selling the collection.

I've called all the card shops and a few pawn shops here in town, and I'm checking Craigslist and E-bay regularly. If anyone is offered anything from this era, especially if it's a collection of this size, please let me know.

RE: Stolen Collection
Sorry to hear that - hope it all works out.

Where do you live?
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(12-11-2013, 03:18 PM)iconms Wrote: Sorry to hear that - hope it all works out.

Where do you live?
I'm in Nashville, TN.

Sorry to hear that......good luck!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Good Luck! It's tough out there epsecially around the holidays, so there's a good likelihood the thief will try to unload them. Hope you get your collection returned. Give the card shops and the pawn shops your spreadsheet and tell them to get the sellers number and call him back in when the police are there. Smile I love a sting operation!
I had an expensive comic book stolen from the shop where I worked. (I had it there on consignment.) The place was burglarized and my copy was swiped along with some other choice books. 2 weeks later a comic shop that I alerted called me. We set up a sting and caught the guy! Got my book back after the trial.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Stay on the lookout on Craigslist. -Sorry to hear. Hopefully it gets straightened out.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*