`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Searching our organize
12-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Searching our organize
AM I missing something here? I am trying to search for all my Saku Koivu cards in a particular collection. I enter "card description" "contains" "Saku Koivu" without the quotations, and am getting zero search results despite the fact there are over 250 records that should be matching? Is this type of a search impossible? Or am I missing something?

MY BUCKET MY TRADEPAGE
[Image: Naslund1213ForeverRivalsStick.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2013, 12:30 PM
RE: Searching our organize
Shouldn't it work if you just type in "Saku Koivu"? If you put the words 'Card Descripton" and "Contains" it would look for those particular words in the card description.

[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Backs, 1977, 1978 and 1979 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball
Justin Verlander, Reno Bertoia, and Alan Trammell
12-11-2013, 12:57 PM
(12-11-2013 12:30 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote:  Shouldn't it work if you just type in "Saku Koivu"? If you put the words 'Card Descripton" and "Contains" it would look for those particular words in the card description.

I am not entering those words. The search function asks you which field to search. "Card description" is the field I was picking from the choices. "Contains" was my choice among the parameters given like equals, greater than, etc. The player name is the only text I was searching for.

MY BUCKET MY TRADEPAGE
[Image: Naslund1213ForeverRivalsStick.jpg]
12-11-2013, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 02:04 PM by jacobystealshome.)
im not sure why you are searching like that, however, when i replicated that kind of search, doing the same thing you did (but for ripken), i got all the records. i tried that in my all items folder

you do realize, however, that you dont have to search that way, correct? just use the search bar in org, and type koivu. you dont need to use the card description and contains and such. that is more useful for the other columns, which the regular search bar in org wont search (haves, value, etc)

also, when you use the normal search bat in org, you can find specific koivu's. just type "koivu (65-lh2-pinnacle)" and it will find all the koivu cards with those search terms

Sawyer MacMillan Blue: coming october 20th, a few blocks away from the Cathedral of Baseball