`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP: Skaggs and Eaton PCs

RIP: Skaggs and Eaton PCs
Arizona is ditching talent again. This trade makes absolutely no sense to me. Looks like I'll be dealing my Skaggs and Eaton cards when the season starts. I guess I could go see Eaton on the southside now, but I really can't have a Sox player in my PC lol.

I don't understand why the Sox would make this deal either really. Very puzzling for everyone except the Angels, they got what I think are 2 quality arms.

Anywho...just venting.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

RE: RIP: Skaggs and Eaton PCs
what i dont get is why the dbacks traded low. both skaggs and eaton had down years. skaggs has lost velocity on his fastball

I'd be happy getting Trumbo...legit 30 HR power is nothing to sneeze at these days.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(12-10-2013, 05:02 PM)iconms Wrote: I'd be happy getting Trumbo...legit 30 HR power is nothing to sneeze at these days.
They could have signed Mark Reynolds for free if they wanted that, move makes no sense
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Exactly, maybe 30 HR and a strikeout every time you just need a fly ball. And a definite step down in defense in the outfield if that's where they stick him.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

(12-10-2013, 06:09 PM)glassnickels Wrote: Exactly, maybe 30 HR and a strikeout every time you just need a fly ball. And a definite step down in defense in the outfield if that's where they stick him.
Yeah I heard left field, sucks Adam Eaton was supposed to be the leadoff hitter instead they played him everywhere but leadoff then trade him. Idiocy at its finest with Towers at the helm! Oh well maybe Goldy will rub off on him!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(12-10-2013, 05:28 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: They could have signed Mark Reynolds for free if they wanted that, move makes no sense
Yup, cus trumbo doesn't do much else than hit hr same as Reynolds but way more expensive

(12-10-2013, 07:30 PM)rentzington Wrote: Yup, cus trumbo doesn't do much else than hit hr same as Reynolds but way more expensive
Trumbo made $540k last year!

Reynolds hasn't had a WAR above 1 since 2009. Trumbo has been 2.8, 2.7, 2.2 the last 3 years.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(12-10-2013, 05:28 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: They could have signed Mark Reynolds for free if they wanted that, move makes no sense
+1
(12-10-2013, 11:26 PM)iconms Wrote: Trumbo made $540k last year!

Reynolds hasn't had a WAR above 1 since 2009. Trumbo has been 2.8, 2.7, 2.2 the last 3 years.
Trumbo will be moving to the OF where his value is slightly less. -He'd be better off as 1B/DH. Maybe he'll improve (??), but I doubt it. He's a decent one-dimensional player who provides some pop. He's arbitration eligible next year though and stands to earn a significant raise at that time. -The Dbacks, on the other hand, just unloaded a young center fielder in Eaton and a promising starting pitcher in Skaggs. Eaton won't be arbitration eligible until 2016, and Skaggs until 2017. So the Dbacks actually gave up quite a bit for a 35 HR guy who'll be changing leagues. If I were the Dbacks, I'd shoot for Choo instead through free agency rather than unload decent talent for Trumbo.

As far as the Angels are concerned, it seems like they pulled the trigger on this deal a year too late. In my opinion, they should've traded Bourjos last year (in the wake of the Mike Bourn deal) along with Trumbo. Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but it seems like they're slow to adapt. The Angels look like they could be another mess this year.

And for the White Sox...who cares? (JK)
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(12-10-2013, 11:26 PM)iconms Wrote: Trumbo made $540k last year!

Trumbo is arbitration eligible, every year is going to cost more. He's going to be in the millions.