`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
i'm tired of rude buyers

i'm tired of rude buyers
this is just a rant...please don't mind me blowing some steam...

buyers on the bay need to seriously learn some manners. and they need to learn how to read. so many of them ask questions on auctions that are priced at say $200 by just messaging me with "$50 paypal direct." nothing else...just that. not even a "hi, i was looking at your auction..." nor a "that's a card that i would love to have. i'm a collector of so and so..." it's just a lowball figure and paypal direct. the sad part is, if my auction is a "buy it now" with no thought of an offer, why would i be taking your message in the first place? that's really not what the messaging function was set up for.

in fact, there are so many buyers out there who think that they can just message me with such offers, that i even started to state in my auctions "i do not accept, nor do i answer offers...nor do i sell off of ebay." because 1) it's actually against their rules to solicit and do a transaction like that; and 2) i just don't want to deal with rude buyers.

my last auction was for a Immaculate Gordie Howe Patch Auto #/5...now i've been fishing to see what it was worth, so i put up my auction at a high buy it now price, and this time i actually accept offers. i got some decent offers, but nowhere close to what I THOUGHT it may be worth. but i was able to gauge the interest on it, so i put it up with a "realistic" buy it now price based on those who put in offers the first time. it still didn't sell, so i relisted it as an auction with a reserve and a buy it now price. i even put the reserve price in my auction description so that anyone looking and READING descriptions, can see what i want.

well, a buyer who asked me a question the first time i had put the card up, puts in a low bid (below my reserve) and he writes "Let's cut to the chase what is the reserve on the card?" here we go again...i was quite accommodating when he asked me with the initial auction...told him exactly how i operate. but come on!!! that's pretty rude...how are you going to start off your conversation with me with "Let's cut to the chase..." what the heck?! and then to ask me what my reserve is, even though it's written in the body of the description?!

WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!!

no offense to anyone else out there, and yes, i may just be a bit irritated at the moment...but come on people...have a little more class than that...please! and they wonder why society is the way it is nowadays...

okay, now you can all trash me for being an @ss.

RE: i'm tired of rude buyers
Nope, you are correct.

Many eBay buyers = a-- hats.

The problem here is the Internet. The Internet is the devil, and many people who act that way know they can because they are nameless, faceless cowards hiding behind a keyboard.

They would never approach you like that face to face at a card show or shop.

The best thing to do is delete their sorry a--es and move on.

Well I try to treat everyone I buy/trade from the same, and if Ive ever forgotten to give a greeting of sorts(pretty sure i haven't..I hope) it would be because I was too excited for a card..lol

I also am a seller on the bay and just hate the short messages-- like we all talk short internet talk and understand it. No response from me if they do not ask a full question.
But is usually respond with
?
for this kinda of message.

This is called the game of c--t! Its what consumerism has become. I would also like to know when Canada became Mexico where I have witnessed people trying to barter at a large retail chain. Shut up, buy it or leave and move on. The consumers are ruining it with there" everything for free" mentality. People/companies still have to make a profit to stay in business. Everyone cites a historic event on e bay or whatever and expect everyone else to honor their lowball offer. Sickens me too.

oh i had someone offer me 250 for a 500- 600 dollar card and then said i bought one for 250. The whole time i am thinking then why do you want this card but i know he will probably try to resale it somewhere else... so i am probably just going to get it graded and wait

Dude, not to burst anyone's bubble...but usually the rude ones are dealers and LCS owners...I'm not saying all but some are. I guess they are just trying to flip cards which is understandable with the low ball offers. Even on here, some get pretty grumpy when they try and get a 40.00 card and they only wanna give what they think is the hottest RC auto valued at 10.00...LOL!!! Seriously, I feel for you bro...so frustrating but if you notice, true collectors will usually pay closer to BV than dealers and LCS owners.

If I can just throw out there a counter-point :

I very rarely ever message anyone about trying to make a deal, or what their realistic sale price is. But I can't count how many times the reply has been along the lines of :" It's my card, I can ask anything I want and you have to pay it."

I also keep tabs on PC items that are bought / come back up for sale afterward, and I've been lied to about what they paid before....aka they paid say $300 ( I know because they bought it on the 'Bay), relist it for $699, and tell me they "NEED" at least $600, because "That's what I have into it..." COW PLOP!

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

AMEN !!!! I like it when they dont like shipping fees.... all I can say is i charge what I get charged when I buy cards... I live in Canada so shipping is $5 at the least from US....so thats what I charge for shipping to US.... also a FYI for everyone that buys from Canada - our P.O just announced that they are cutting jobs and door to door mail delivery and the price of a stamp is going up from $0.63 to $0.83... so the prices will be on the rise once again.
Looking for 2010-11 Panini - Dominion Peerless Patches /25; Cam Ward, Crosby and Lemieux - or any others /25 Peerless Patches out there PM me...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/home/jefferz940/index