`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyber Monday Buy

Cyber Monday Buy
The last purchase of my 2013 baseball season was made on Cyber monday and received today.
Bought 1 2013 Topps Update and 2 2011 Panini Playoff Contenders
The Playoff Contenders were supposed to have 6 autos per box, and I guess I lucked out with 7 per box.

[Image: null_zps2ca1b28d.jpg]
[Image: null_zps6a9e87d9.jpg]

[Image: null_zpscf3fc516.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsd2abe9be.jpg]

And here are my hits from the 2013 Topps Update:
[Image: null_zpsaf52c537.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Cyber Monday Buy
Always a good break when you pull a trout relic and a numbered coin like that one.

I've noticed the panini Boxes often have hot boxes with extra autos

Congrats on your break! A Trout is always nice (though the Mets colors just don't go with those all-star patches). I don't collect him, but always liked George Brett and am happy if I pull something of his. I do like the pin/ring/award cards Topps puts out. Think I got that same Richards (?) auto....eh but what are you gonna do when the auto hit list is weak (still a nice looking card IMO). Some nice name auto's in the Panini....I just can't get into the no logo/team name's missing. That's just me, but if your happy, I'm happy for ya!
Thanks for sharing (I assume by purchase you mean boxes....pretty hard when those blasters at WaMart & Target are calling your name....LOL)

Wow...just re-read and didn't mean to sound negative and fill my reply with "I"s. AWESOME BREAK!!!!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(12-09-2013, 07:59 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Congrats on your break! A Trout is always nice (though the Mets colors just don't go with those all-star patches). I don't collect him, but always liked George Brett and am happy if I pull something of his. I do like the pin/ring/award cards Topps puts out. Think I got that same Richards (?) auto....eh but what are you gonna do when the auto hit list is weak (still a nice looking card IMO). Some nice name auto's in the Panini....I just can't get into the no logo/team name's missing. That's just me, but if your happy, I'm happy for ya!
Thanks for sharing (I assume by purchase you mean boxes....pretty hard when those blasters at WaMart & Target are calling your name....LOL)

Wow...just re-read and didn't mean to sound negative and fill my reply with "I"s. AWESOME BREAK!!!!
No worries, you didn't sound negative, and I thought it was just a good break, nothing awesome about it. Not disappointed, but I didn't exactly jump up and down while hyperventilating, either Smile Now, It would have been an AWESOME break if the Topps auto was Trout and the relic was Richards Smile
The Panini cards are okay and I can handle the no-logo look ... They're interesting and I kinda feel like I need to support them ... As long as they exist, Topps has some competition ... And competition is good for us, the consumers !!!
... And I really think that even blasters calling my name won't move me until the holidays are over. I spent way too much between Black Friday and cyber Monday ... That won't stop me from picking up a card or two on eBay .... My self imposed embargo will be new cards!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

nice hits...i got 2 boxes of update did pull a puig gold rc. i need a trout to finish off my 11 update set, do u have one u want to sell or trade. i assumed u busted plenty of those back in the day
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

check me for the bradley if ft thanks
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

I picked up one of those Contender boxes as well as had 6 autos and a Auto Relic of Chris Wallace #/99. All are in my ORG if you want to add to what you've got

Those coin cards are pretty sweet....nice pick & pull Wink
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

(12-09-2013, 10:08 PM)redsoxbwler300 Wrote: I picked up one of those Contender boxes as well as had 6 autos and a Auto Relic of Chris Wallace #/99. All are in my ORG if you want to add to what you've got
I'll take a look ... Thanks!

(12-09-2013, 09:38 PM)rascrush Wrote: check me for the bradley if ft thanks
Sorry, not FT.

(12-10-2013, 09:50 AM)rollx8 Wrote: Those coin cards are pretty sweet....nice pick & pull Wink
Thanks Chris. I like them too.... I'd like'em more if it was a Yankee player and coin, but George will have to do!