`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Friday Break Part 2 the wrath of cards

Black Friday Break Part 2 the wrath of cards
Not a bad break but not terrific, probably got my moneys worth.

Ordered stuff from Steelcity, blowout and DAC

Got
2013 leaf memories
2008 sweet spot, 2008 SPX, a few boxes of ITG
2 retail boxes of 2012 bowman (worked out to be 2 for the price of one)
5 blasters of 2011 bowman chrome
5 gravity boxes of 2010 upper deck (cant pass up 12 bucks a box)

Sorry for the bad photos I didnt feel like scanning all these.

[Image: P1000281_zps8f473ffb.jpg]

[Image: P1000282_zps0dc9728b.jpg]

The kris bryant auto from leaf memories is a /50
This box was pretty good overall got a bryant auto and an Alex "chichi" gonzalez plus base soler and appel

The 2010 upperdeck was good got a Posey from 4 of the 5 boxes and a Griffey jr mem card. Plus about 4 Bumgarner rookies, have to go back and check for variation cards now.

From the 2012 bowman not pictured was 2 darvish and 2 harper, a blue jeter , sonny gray auto and a blue dwight smith auto.

From the 2011 various rookies like freddie freeman and matt moore a melky mesa auto and a shelby miller throwback card.

I'd say I at least got my moneys worth....Oh and Forgot one thing.

Bough a ball of fame national convention edition..... Johnny Bench!

[Image: P1000283_zps816d8ca3.jpg]

First one of these random ball boxes i've bought that had a legit HOF player

RE: Black Friday Break Part 2 the wrath of cards
Please check me for the griffey if trading, thanks!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(12-06-2013, 04:55 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: Please check me for the griffey if trading, thanks!
I'm keeping that sucker . Anything I'm trading is already marked. Keeping all the memories for now, and Griffey

All spx and sweet sport for trade

Awesome break(s) and great Bench auto! Are there HOF'ers who aren't legit? (kidding) Thanks for sharing and I'm promising myself right now to save some money for next years black friday.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(12-06-2013, 10:04 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Awesome break(s) and great Bench auto! Are there HOF'ers who aren't legit? (kidding)
LOL
Illegitimate Hall of Famers .... Pete Rose & Shoeless Joe Jackson, to name two. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

please check me for the yelich and bryant if ft thanks
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

Awesome breaks, Rentzington!
You were right, we picked up much of the same product. Although I think you did a little better with the Sweet Spot Cabrera and the SPx McCann.
Congrats on the Bench Ball! Great sig to have in any collection!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

typically on those random ball boxes I get some guy who maybe made one all star game or something similar...i was just so shocked and happy getting a hall of famer ,by legit I meant a big name hof'r that a lot of people collect but i think you guys got that.

After loading up the cards in org, dollar for dollar the 2010 upper deck for 12 bucks was the best break.
those insert cards are all at least a buck a piece and then the blue supreme cards are all about 10 bucks + and i pulled 6 of those and about the same of the green. Blowout has the gravity boxes on sale again I'm tempted to buy more....the posey alone pays the price of admission.

(12-07-2013, 10:38 AM)rentzington Wrote: After loading up the cards in org, dollar for dollar the 2010 upper deck for 12 bucks was the best break.
those insert cards are all at least a buck a piece and then the blue supreme cards are all about 10 bucks + and i pulled 6 of those and about the same of the green. Blowout has the gravity boxes on sale again I'm tempted to buy more....the posey alone pays the price of admission.
Over the past year or two, I've picked up a few of those 2010 boxes. I've averaged about 1 Posey Rookie per box. Almost every box had at least one /99 gold card and those green and blue supreme cards about 2:1 or 3:2 ratio per box. The celebrity predictor cards are showing up a little better than the stated odds. Some of those have surprisingly high BV! I've yet to find one of those SSP double takes variants. According to the odds 1:960 packs, so I need to buy a few more boxes Smile
All in all, they're a fun break and usually, I can put together a near-full set of cards with one $12 box.

(12-08-2013, 05:42 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Over the past year or two, I've picked up a few of those 2010 boxes. I've averaged about 1 Posey Rookie per box. Almost every box had at least one /99 gold card and those green and blue supreme cards about 2:1 or 3:2 ratio per box. The celebrity predictor cards are showing up a little better than the stated odds. Some of those have surprisingly high BV! I've yet to find one of those SSP double takes variants. According to the odds 1:960 packs, so I need to buy a few more boxes Smile
All in all, they're a fun break and usually, I can put together a near-full set of cards with one $12 box.

funny thing i noticed i hadnt gotten a single gold card and yesterday when sorting i found one stuck to another card and it has a shockingly good BV too.

And the celebrity cards seem to be 2-3 per box and have a good value so far i've yet to pull the jolie/pitt card or any double takes.