`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Bad practice or not when trading?

RE: OT: Bad practice or not when trading?
I'm sorta with Mel - I find it somewhat annoying...especially guys that throw in cards for hobby shops hundreds/thousands of miles from where I live or for services that obviously I'll never use because they live in California or New York, and I'm in Iowa.

That being said - I don't really get worked up about it. I generally just toss 'em out with the packing material. Doesn't affect my overall opinion of the trade/trader.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

Sorry I sent you one Chris

(01-30-2014, 09:35 AM)ceocards Wrote: I'm sorta with Mel - I find it somewhat annoying...especially guys that throw in cards for hobby shops hundreds/thousands of miles from where I live or for services that obviously I'll never use because they live in California or New York, and I'm in Iowa.

That being said - I don't really get worked up about it. I generally just toss 'em out with the packing material. Doesn't affect my overall opinion of the trade/trader.
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

(01-30-2014, 09:35 AM)ceocards Wrote: I'm sorta with Mel - I find it somewhat annoying...especially guys that throw in cards for hobby shops hundreds/thousands of miles from where I live or for services that obviously I'll never use because they live in California or New York, and I'm in Iowa.

agreed
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

(01-30-2014, 10:49 AM)dspainjr Wrote: Sorry I sent you one Chris
No apology necessary. Like I said - doesn't affect my overall opinion of the trade or trader. Would never stop me from trading again, etc.

Maybe "annoyed" isn't exactly the word I was looking for. I just think it's silly - a waste of a business card (not that they're terribly expensive). I could throw one of my CPA business cards in with every trade, but no one is going to come to me to prepare their tax return except on the off-chance they're within 20-30 miles of my location.

Similarly, I'm not about to schedule a trip just to travel 400 miles to some random dude's card shop or to hire a "__________" (fill in the blank).

I suppose if you have a website presence where distance isn't a factor, you could have an argument.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

I have no issue with it as said before it can be tossed into the recycle bin.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes