`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've hit a wall...

I've hit a wall...
Lately I seem to have lost all interest in trading. When trade offers come in, more often than not, there’s just nothing for me. There also aren't really many cards that I'd like to obtain at this point in time and I'm actually pretty happy with my current collection. Does that ever happen to you? I'm actually considering unloading most of my collection on eBay and pursuing a Michael Jordan RC and then quitting.
Always looking for Russell Wilson RC Autos, Andrew Luck RC Autos, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Michael Jordan

RE: I've hit a wall...
I wish I could hit a wall. My bank account would be larger and my wife would be happier lol. I have spells where there's not much I want to pursue but that typically fades after a month or so. Sometimes it's kind of cool to go back through your collection and dump the cards you don't really care for anymore and get something else. But I see a lot of people get bored with cards and then get rid of everything and I always think that's a pretty quick decision they made. It's like why even collect in the first place? I personally have hundreds of autos I just can't bring myself to trade or sell even after 5 years so I know I'm in it for the long haul.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

It happened to me. I was on the board, but didn't do any trades for a few months. I came back after getting some new stuff, and it was a lot more fun.

I've hit that stage again though. There are a lot of people that I want to trade with, but just don't have what they want, or don't want to unload what they are looking for.

It has its highs and lows for me. I think I'm just entering another low point due to the holiday season and other things taking over for priorities.

My wife will be happier as I spend less time on trades, but I will be sad as maildays won't be as often.

I'm sure you will bounce back.

[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA

I totally understand. I have been completely focusing on only trading for PC stuff so I am now pretty much out of decent trade bait. I am very happy with what I have obtained though. I have turned mainly to veteran and established players. Last years Rookie class is still so popular and high priced I can't hardly get any of them. On the other side I have no interest in any player from this years class so I am not picking up much of the new stuff either.

I use the hobby as a way to spend time with my sons. They are 10 and 11 and starting to get nice collections of their own. Plus they have laid claim to what they want me to give to them out of my collection when I think they are old enough.
Looking for 2012 Absolute Spectrum Autos - Black, Platinum, and Gold

[Image: 20150629_210309_zpsalzkkfdi.jpg]
Bucket Link
http://s924.photobucket.com/user/dylan1018/library/?sort=6&page=1

i agree somewhat as well...i loved trading on here but it seems that there are just fewer members who just enjoy trading now...i try to use the other sites but none come close to this as far as the community and the people that are here...maybe it will come back some day as i think if beckett made some changes it would entice alot more people to come back

I think everyone does at various points throughout their years in the hobby. I get overwhelmed with how many cards I still need and get depressed realizing I wont ever get my hands on most of them. Its also frustrating losing out on a card you really really want whether you forget to bid, you get outbid, you dont have the cash at that moment, someone else takes it from you, etc. but I just keep grinding away.

My advice to you is dont sell anything just yet and think about what you really want to collect if anything and then at that point make your decision. If you do decide to sell your stuff then make sure you maximize the money out of them. Dont rush selling stuff off as you may be disappointed at what you got in return making a rash decision. This happened to me and there are a ton of cards I wish I had back including 2 Jason Taylor 1/1s...IM STUPID!!! lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I appreciate the responses everyone. Glad to hear you all can relate.

I think the last card I really wanted was the Topps Chrome Russ Wilson Auto but #1, almost no one wanted to trade it to me and #2, the ones that did, wanted more than I was willing to give up. I imagine it's easier to be a collector of cards that everyone isn't going after. It’s a lot more fun to trade for something that you want just because you simply want it (not for monetary gain) and I’ve struggled with that a bit. I did collect all of my Lesean McCoy Autos simply because I’m an Eagles fan. I suppose if I did a box break that could get things going again, but just like others have mentioned, I have little interest in the 2013 class.

Also, in some ways it seems that the only traders I come across now are the ones that want exactly what I want, and that never amounts to anything. Just the nature of the beast I guess.

With all of that being said, I supposed I’ll hold out for a while and see if my interest returns before unloading everything. Lately all people want is the best of what I have but then again it’s my fault for posting my entire collection lol.
Always looking for Russell Wilson RC Autos, Andrew Luck RC Autos, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Michael Jordan