`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
unable to view cards for trade...
12-02-2013, 01:16 PM
unable to view cards for trade...
For the past week, I have been unable to view members "Items for trade" from either the trade page, or from their Beckett user profile.

I have tried, Firefox, IE, & Safari for browsers, cleared my cache, cookies, history, etc. All that happens is the filters say loading, the browsers just circles like it is working, but no cards are displayed.
On my computer at work after 5 minutes, the search window closes automatically.
At home, I left it trying for over an hour while I went to have dinner, still no luck.
The users that I am having this issue with are ones with 100,000 or more cards for trade.
Is this a known issue, and if so is there a fix coming for it?

Thanks,
Scott

[Image: 2007_sp_authentic_56c_hansack_btl_bostonredsox2.jpg]

Team collector. Always looking for base, SP, parallel, or oddball Red Sox cards.
Red Sox Haves (Excel) -http://sites.google.com/site/scottzoe2/Home/master_sox
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013, 10:28 PM
RE: unable to view cards for trade...
(12-02-2013 01:16 PM)scottzoe Wrote:  For the past week, I have been unable to view members "Items for trade" from either the trade page, or from their Beckett user profile.

I have tried, Firefox, IE, & Safari for browsers, cleared my cache, cookies, history, etc. All that happens is the filters say loading, the browsers just circles like it is working, but no cards are displayed.
On my computer at work after 5 minutes, the search window closes automatically.
At home, I left it trying for over an hour while I went to have dinner, still no luck.
The users that I am having this issue with are ones with 100,000 or more cards for trade.
Is this a known issue, and if so is there a fix coming for it?

Thanks,
Scott

I know I'm one of them. Love to hear an answer to this. I was told several weeks ago there was an update coming that should fix it but in my opinion it has gotten worse and there is no pattern I can detect. I can pull my org up when trading with some people and not with others.
12-03-2013, 08:18 AM
(12-02-2013 10:28 PM)mmahoney Wrote:  I know I'm one of them. Love to hear an answer to this. I was told several weeks ago there was an update coming that should fix it but in my opinion it has gotten worse and there is no pattern I can detect. I can pull my org up when trading with some people and not with others.

I just started a trade and it took 30 seconds for your cards to load- maybe this last update helped??

Looking for these Members!!
TOS
Various help topics

[Image: 72team.jpg]
Beckett Member #113 - US Army-TX
12-03-2013, 10:50 AM
(12-03-2013 08:18 AM)floydtown Wrote:  I just started a trade and it took 30 seconds for your cards to load- maybe this last update helped??
I can view my cards for trade as well as your cards for trade, both populating in under 1 minute. When I try to look at mmahoney's card, his still times out for me.

Scott

[Image: 2007_sp_authentic_56c_hansack_btl_bostonredsox2.jpg]

Team collector. Always looking for base, SP, parallel, or oddball Red Sox cards.
Red Sox Haves (Excel) -http://sites.google.com/site/scottzoe2/Home/master_sox
12-03-2013, 12:58 PM
(12-03-2013 10:50 AM)scottzoe Wrote:  When I try to look at mmahoney's card, his still times out for me.

Scott

He has more than 314,000 cards in his Org. That is why it times out.

K

12-03-2013, 10:04 PM
they load for me in about 30 seconds

Looking for these Members!!
TOS
Various help topics

[Image: 72team.jpg]
Beckett Member #113 - US Army-TX
12-04-2013, 07:05 AM
(12-03-2013 12:58 PM)ktcardshop Wrote:  He has more than 314,000 cards in his Org. That is why it times out.

K

Shouldn't matter. They don't put a limit on an Org. It doesn't happen with everyone either.
12-04-2013, 07:14 AM
(12-04-2013 07:05 AM)mmahoney Wrote:  Shouldn't matter. They don't put a limit on an Org. It doesn't happen with everyone either.

Oh but it does... It is how many cards you have in your ORG. added to the number of cards that the other person has in his Org.

If there are too many cards to be searched it takes too long and the computer times out.

K

12-04-2013, 04:43 PM
(12-04-2013 07:14 AM)ktcardshop Wrote:  Oh but it does... It is how many cards you have in your ORG. added to the number of cards that the other person has in his Org.

If there are too many cards to be searched it takes too long and the computer times out.

K

I understand that it matters. I'm saying it shouldn't and the fact that it does is a limitation of the system that makes it very difficult to use. Also, that may be true but there is no consistency. I can pull up my side with people that have a lot of cards available and not with others that have fewer.
12-04-2013, 06:34 PM
(12-04-2013 04:43 PM)mmahoney Wrote:  I understand that it matters. I'm saying it shouldn't and the fact that it does is a limitation of the system that makes it very difficult to use. Also, that may be true but there is no consistency. I can pull up my side with people that have a lot of cards available and not with others that have fewer.

That depends on how busy the server is at the moment. If it gets backed up with requests you get in line and wait your turn.

K