`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions For COMC Sellers

RE: Questions For COMC Sellers
(12-03-2013, 10:52 AM)MoeCOMC Wrote: Hi, Moe here...if I can just clarify a little here.

Yes, we charge $0.25 to process a card, when you use our most popular 1-month processing service. And, there's a $0.25 S&H fee charged on cards when they're purchased & shipped out. But, these fees are paid for by 2 different people - the seller pays the processing fee to get the card on the website, and the buyer pays the S&H fee to get that card sent to them, from the warehouse.

As for the $0.01 fee storage fee? That's for any cards you have have marked for sale that are priced over $0.75. And, the $3.00 shipping charge is a flat rate, that covers 10 cards, 100 cards, or even more.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :-)
The only thing that still isn't quite clear to me is whether or not the $.25 shipping charge per card is applied when trying to have cards that didn't sell returned to you. Thanks!

(12-03-2013, 11:00 AM)007bobbo Wrote: The only thing that still isn't quite clear to me is whether or not the $.25 shipping charge per card is applied when trying to have cards that didn't sell returned to you. Thanks!
No Bobbo, there's no charge, that's my bad. I've never tried to get my cards returned and have no idea where I got that idea from. I hope my original response didn't come across as trying to deter you from COMC. I have fun with it. It gives me a way to get rid of cards I don't want and use some credit to pick up singles now and then that I do want. I don't do a lot of buying, but there's no better place to go for singles when I do. My point was that if you're trying to maximize the $$$ you get in return, there may be better outlets but they'll come with more work.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

This has been some good info , I made my first purchases through comc during the recent black Friday promotion and consequent markdowns sellers did.

I think I need to put together a box and send in, the monthly fee per card could add up but it would be a cheap way to get a ton of sub 75 cent cards loaded and avoid that fee and clear some space as well as throw up some mem and auto cards

(12-03-2013, 02:05 PM)cross4444 Wrote: No Bobbo, there's no charge, that's my bad. I've never tried to get my cards returned and have no idea where I got that idea from. I hope my original response didn't come across as trying to deter you from COMC. I have fun with it. It gives me a way to get rid of cards I don't want and use some credit to pick up singles now and then that I do want. I don't do a lot of buying, but there's no better place to go for singles when I do. My point was that if you're trying to maximize the $$$ you get in return, there may be better outlets but they'll come with more work.
I think I totally understand it now. Also, my goal isn't to make a ton of money either. Collecting is a hobby for me, not a source of income. It's just nice when you can get a little bit of perpetual motion built up so less money is coming out of pocket for the items that you want. I think I just need to be a little careful about what I decide to send in.

Thanks all for the responses, it's been fun getting involved in the hobby again!

I was thinking of sending a shipment in and basically using it as a trading venue when my cards sell. That 20% cash out fee seems brutal, and they have a ton inventory for my PC
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

The good thing about the monthly storage fees of a penny per card is they don't kick in until three months after the cards go live.

(12-04-2013, 12:21 AM)petillo64 Wrote: I was thinking of sending a shipment in and basically using it as a trading venue when my cards sell. That 20% cash out fee seems brutal, and they have a ton inventory for my PC
Yup same thought, i started browsing the site with the sales recently and found a lot (too much says my wallet) of stuff I liked.
Almost finished my base a&g mini set thanks to comc.

So if i sell a little and can turn that into a few things I like all the better.

(12-04-2013, 12:21 AM)petillo64 Wrote: I was thinking of sending a shipment in and basically using it as a trading venue when my cards sell. That 20% cash out fee seems brutal, and they have a ton inventory for my PC
Initially I thought the cashout fee was a deterrant until I started seeing cards selling for 125-500% of what I would get for them (or paid for them) on eBay. For example, I just sold a Stephen Drew printing plate for $20 that I paid $7 for shipped. I'm happy to take 250+% of what I paid, give COMC 20% of it, and still double my money.

Even on my lower end cards I still make out much better than anywhere else. I routinely sell late 70s commons at 50 cents a card. When I paid under a penny per card initially, and even after factoring in the per card listing fee and cashout, I still get 14 cents a card. They don't sell for a nickel a card at shows and didn't sell at a dime per when I had a Beckett marketplace account.

By the way, I don't cashout and instead choose to purchase cards that I will get what I paid in store credit built off of dirt commons or better for such as lower to mid grade 60s Mantles.

(12-04-2013, 11:04 AM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: Initially I thought the cashout fee was a deterrant until I started seeing cards selling for 125-500% of what I would get for them (or paid for them) on eBay. For example, I just sold a Stephen Drew printing plate for $20 that I paid $7 for shipped. I'm happy to take 250+% of what I paid, give COMC 20% of it, and still double my money.

Even on my lower end cards I still make out much better than anywhere else. I routinely sell late 70s commons at 50 cents a card. When I paid under a penny per card initially, and even after factoring in the per card listing fee and cashout, I still get 14 cents a card. They don't sell for a nickel a card at shows and didn't sell at a dime per when I had a Beckett marketplace account.

By the way, I don't cashout and instead choose to purchase cards that I will get what I paid in store credit built off of dirt commons or better for such as lower to mid grade 60s Mantles.
Adding it all up, it certainly makes sense to put anything you expect to sell for about $15 or less on COMC instead of Ebay. If I sell a card for $15 (including shipping) on Ebay, in the end I only see about $11.00 of it. The same sale on COMC should net me about $11.50 including cashout fees if I choose that route, and I don't have to worry about shipping it!

It's looking a lot better the more I think about it. Plus, they seem to have a lot of specials running at different times too. I got a $5.00 credit for depositing $100 on Black Friday and I hear that they give a $20 credit for your first shipment to them for consignment? Does anyone know if that is an ongoing promotion? Thanks!

First time sellers still get $20 off their initial submission. Just write "First Time Seller" on the outside of the box and they should give you the discount. If they happen to miss it just call customer service and they should correct it for you.