`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The rarest cards you've never heard of and don't care about

RE: The rarest cards you've never heard of and don't care about
(12-02-2013, 01:59 PM)odditycards Wrote: food cards (McD's, bread, Yogurt, Handi-Snacks, pizza) don't get that recognition either.
Which keeps the values low for collectors like me that will gladly take them. Small demand = small prices. I remember forty years ago when Twinkies had three baseball cards on the bottom of every box. I collected them, but no one ever wanted to trade for them because there was this weird stigma attached. Now, I wish I'd saved them.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

The international food issues are just painfully hard to find!

(12-12-2013, 06:39 PM)dleifriaf Wrote: The player that led Dream Team II in either of these categories could have that specific card redeemed by the collector for a 14-card set of that category. Kevin Johnson's Assists card and Shaquille O'Neal's Rebounds and Scoring cards qualified as the three exchange cards. Apparently, nobody bothered redeeming these cards.

Redeemed and Unredeemed versions of the Assists, Rebounds, and Scoring cards exist for each of these players (so six cards total for each player). The redeemed sets are IMPOSSIBLE to find.

1994 Upper Deck USA Follow Your Dreams #1 Derrick Coleman
1994 Upper Deck USA Follow Your Dreams #2 Joe Dumars
1994 Upper Deck USA Follow Your Dreams #3 Tim Hardaway
1994 Upper Deck USA Follow Your Dreams #4 Kevin Johnson
1994 Upper Deck USA Follow Your Dreams #5 Larry Johnson
1994 Upper Deck USA Follow Your Dreams #6 Shawn Kemp
1994 Upper Deck USA Follow Your Dreams #7 Dan Majerle
1994 Upper Deck USA Follow Your Dreams #8 Reggie Miller
1994 Upper Deck USA Follow Your Dreams #9 Alonzo Mourning
1994 Upper Deck USA Follow Your Dreams #10 Shaquille O'Neal
1994 Upper Deck USA Follow Your Dreams #11 Mark Price
1994 Upper Deck USA Follow Your Dreams #12 Steve Smith
1994 Upper Deck USA Follow Your Dreams #13 Isiah Thomas
1994 Upper Deck USA Follow Your Dreams #14 Dominique Wilkins
I remember those cards! I have a redeemed assist set from sending in Kevin Johnson's Follow Your Dreams assist card.

(12-29-2013, 04:31 PM)happa Wrote: I remember those cards! I have a redeemed assist set from sending in Kevin Johnson's Follow Your Dreams assist card.
The redeemed Assists set are number "AL" prefix followed by probably by the assist ranking on the team.

AL1 Kevin Johnson
AL2 Mark Price
AL3 Joe Dumars
AL4 Reggie Miller
AL5 Steve Smith
AL6 Dan Majerle
AL7 Shawn Kemp
AL8 Dominique Wilkins
AL9 Larry Johnson
AL10 Derrick Coleman
AL11 Alonzo Mourning
AL12 Shaquille O'Neal
AL13 Tim Hardaway
AL14 Isiah Thomas

Yeah, there wasn't a ton of interest in Dream Team II so not many of the sets were redeemed. I did acquire all three sets years back from another collector and may have even have sold you yours (eBay id 1s1ah). I still have one of the sets unopened -not sure which- and many of the singles from the other two.