`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Is this someone trying to scam me?

OT: Is this someone trying to scam me?
So I sell a graded rookie card last night, it ends for about $100. I send invoice when I get home from work and as of right now no payment has come through yet.

I just got a message now asking:
"Hey, I found another lot instead. Can you refund this purchase? Thanks."

Refund? He never paid!!!

Advice?

RE: OT: Is this someone trying to scam me?
He might have just meant a cancellation of the sale. One possibility anyway. I know I've had my fair share of inputting the wrong word into sentences at times.

it stinks, but has happened to me. I got lucky and the 2nd highest bidder was only a $1 off and jumped at it
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

No scam, but you were definitely screwed. Your best bet is to do a "2nd Chance Offer" to the next highest bidder and if that doesn't work, relist it.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

I would tell him that he won the bid so he should pay. If he doesn't just open a case for non payment so you get credited the fee from eBay.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(12-01-2013, 06:40 PM)Haze28 Wrote: I would tell him that he won the bid so he should pay. If he doesn't just open a case for non payment so you get credited the fee from eBay.
+1 Agreed

[Image: OKimtze.png]

Weird, I tried the second chance offer but it said that "offer was already sent or buyer has declined the option of a second chance offer"

I didn't know you could turn that off in settings.

(12-01-2013, 10:56 AM)creativemunky Wrote: So I sell a graded rookie card last night, it ends for about $100. I send invoice when I get home from work and as of right now no payment has come through yet.

I just got a message now asking:
"Hey, I found another lot instead. Can you refund this purchase? Thanks."

Refund? He never paid!!!

Advice?
Maybe he said Refund, but actually meant cancel the auction.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

It happened to me once, but i was the one buying although it wasnt an auction it was a buy now....... I had a problem with my credit card and needed to have the bank issue a new one which would take 10 or 15 days or so so I asked the seller if he could cancel the purchase and he did.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Ya I have had this issue before guessing he means cancel his bid. I just had this issue the other week with a vid game I sold I explianed to him that I would not cancel it but if he wanted me to I would open a case which would put a strike on his ebay account. Never heard back from him again so opened the case got my fee credit and then relisted it just sucks cause you have to wait like a week in total to relist it.
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo