`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need to start checking the dollar boxes more often

I need to start checking the dollar boxes more often
Went to the local show this morning and one guy had a bunch of Topps Chrome refractors and inserts so I started sifting through and came across this.

[Image: 207F09B2-AC81-41B7-B58C-F8B4C8530A2E-307...92e771.jpg]

I pulled it out along with a few die cuts and a few blues and made sure I showed the guy all of the cards and then purchased the lot of them off of him for 10 bucks.

I didn't think my day could get any better but I stopped up at the LCS for pack wars tonight and scored these from single packs of Draft and topps chrome.

[Image: BABFD2E9-753D-4E98-9CDC-171DF18011D5-313...f74b1a.jpg]

[Image: 21847726-3246-4A97-9981-BB657DEB361D-313...33fa11.jpg]

Not bad for a days work!
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

RE: I need to start checking the dollar boxes more often
Sweet! Congrats!
[Image: OKimtze.png]

That's a pretty nice day!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Dollar boxes are a collector's best friend.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Very nice...congrats! Obviously I don't know who you got your cards from, but do you find that at shows, older vendors or vendors who deal mostly in vintage, have no idea (nor care) about newer cards. I think they get a box or two looking for auto's / relics and just unload the rest. I know it's not thier meat & potatoes but still (good for us!).
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(12-01-2013, 08:06 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Very nice...congrats! Obviously I don't know who you got your cards from, but do you find that at shows, older vendors or vendors who deal mostly in vintage, have no idea (nor care) about newer cards. I think they get a box or two looking for auto's / relics and just unload the rest. I know it's not thier meat & potatoes but still (good for us!).
I do notice that a little about the older guys, but most of them are asking a small fortune for their stuff. The guy I got the Posey off of was a young guy though and judging by the amount of Chrome he had you would think he would know about the photo variations. Part of me wanted to tell him what the card was but then I just think about what they would do if the tables were turned. He had it marked for a dollar and I gladly paid that.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(12-01-2013, 10:47 PM)Haze28 Wrote: Part of me wanted to tell him what the card was but then I just think about what they would do if the tables were turned. He had it marked for a dollar and I gladly paid that.
Hey, he still made a profit on the card (not as much as he could or should have). I don't ever let that cross my mind if I'm buying, unless it is someone who obviously has no idea what they are doing, then I'll tell them After our transaction is done. If your selling, know the value of what your selling. Congrats again!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Those are great, even more coming from the dollar box!!! congrats!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Congrats. Last card show I remember going to was about 10 years ago and the majority of my purchases were from bargain boxes. I remember pulling a TON of Adam Wainwright Braves Autos from the $2 boxes. It always helps to put in the work of searching.

(12-01-2013, 10:47 PM)Haze28 Wrote: I do notice that a little about the older guys, but most of them are asking a small fortune for their stuff. The guy I got the Posey off of was a young guy though and judging by the amount of Chrome he had you would think he would know about the photo variations. Part of me wanted to tell him what the card was but then I just think about what they would do if the tables were turned. He had it marked for a dollar and I gladly paid that.
I find most of the sellers appreciate a sale where you don't dicker with them over price. Just pay your dollar and don't try to talk him up. Smile
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html