`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most undervalued player?

Most undervalued player?
So I bought an 800 card lot for 20 bucks on the bay for Randy Johnson and got around 200 cards or so for my pc which isn't as many as I was hoping for but oh well. I was entering them into the system and I was just taking aback by how cheap his stuff is. This is the best lefty I have ever seen in my lifetime and a sure fire first ballot Hall of Fame player and his stuff is beyond cheap! I know there are others like Maddux, Glavine and other pitchers and players that are undervalued but its Randy freaking Johnson! Anyone else have a favorite player that deserves more love than they get?
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

RE: Most undervalued player?
Maybe just the card era of the bulk of their stuff, especially the rookies?
[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

(11-26-2013, 03:15 PM)bunk27 Wrote: Maybe just the card era of the bulk of their stuff, especially the rookies?
Yeah I know that hurts him for sure but even his newer cards are cheap as well. Now his autos are up there and seem to be fairly rare. Damn 80's and 90's garbage really hurt a lot of these players for sure though!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I think part of it is the time frame and part of it is the markets they played in. If you weren't a high profile rookie (Griffey comes to mind) or played the bulk of your career in a major, major market at that time (NY, LA, Boston) it seems they're overlooked. If Johnson had played longer for the Yanks his stuff would be a lot higher.

The guy I can't believe gets so little love is Harmon Killebrew. Granted, his early stuff sells and books high, but you can get his autographs for dirt cheap - given that he's a hall of famer, 500+ HRs and it's a sweet looking auto. Even this week I saw an ungraded RC of his, which looked to be in REALLY good shape, go for less than $50 - had this been paycheck week it would've been mine.

But again, for the most part he played his entire career in the MN cornfields. If he'd been a Yankee and put up numbers like that his stuff would be through the roof.
Kepler

I am thankful for that in terms of every Dbacks player. They are all undervalued, including Goldy, which is just ridiculous.

Grace has a bit of a cult following so is a bit higher here and there, but still well within in the very affordable realm. So glad for that!
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

(11-26-2013, 09:37 PM)glassnickels Wrote: I am thankful for that in terms of every Dbacks player. They are all undervalued, including Goldy, which is just ridiculous.

Grace has a bit of a cult following so is a bit higher here and there, but still well within in the very affordable realm. So glad for that!
A cult following will happen when you go on the Jim Rome Show and discuss the "slump buster." lol
Kepler

Craig Biggio comes to mind for me.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

(11-26-2013, 04:26 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I think part of it is the time frame and part of it is the markets they played in. If you weren't a high profile rookie (Griffey comes to mind) or played the bulk of your career in a major, major market at that time (NY, LA, Boston) it seems they're overlooked. If Johnson had played longer for the Yanks his stuff would be a lot higher.

The guy I can't believe gets so little love is Harmon Killebrew. Granted, his early stuff sells and books high, but you can get his autographs for dirt cheap - given that he's a hall of famer, 500+ HRs and it's a sweet looking auto. Even this week I saw an ungraded RC of his, which looked to be in REALLY good shape, go for less than $50 - had this been paycheck week it would've been mine.

But again, for the most part he played his entire career in the MN cornfields. If he'd been a Yankee and put up numbers like that his stuff would be through the roof.

I think you are right, had johnson played for a bigger name team his stuff would sell more....killebrew is a great example same for kaline
HOF guys who's cards and auto's can be had quite cheap in comparison to their yankee counterparts