`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay Advice: Auction or Set Price

Ebay Advice: Auction or Set Price
So I think I'm going to clear out some inventory to a.) free up some space and b.) get some extra cash for the black friday deals on-line.

The last few sales I've made on ebay, all but one I felt like I got below market value for them.

Where does everyone stand on auction vs. set price with an "or best offer" option?

Just want to make sure I'm maximizing my sales.

RE: Ebay Advice: Auction or Set Price
(11-26-2013, 02:57 PM)treswatson Wrote: So I think I'm going to clear out some inventory to a.) free up some space and b.) get some extra cash for the black friday deals on-line.

The last few sales I've made on ebay, all but one I felt like I got below market value for them.

Where does everyone stand on auction vs. set price with an "or best offer" option?

Just want to make sure I'm maximizing my sales.
There is two schools of thought on that one.

1) Price it at or near what you expect to get for it.

2) Price it very low in a long auction. That way everybody will have a chance to find it and put it on their watch list.

Your choice.

K

RE: Ebay Advice: Auction or Set Price
Depends on the card for me...

If it is a hot player whose cards are regularly selling well and getting a lot of bids, I'll do a $.99 auction with a well-timed start/end.

If its a card of someone/something that is not currently super hot I'll price for bare minimum I'd accept for the card, and hope a few I bidders to go after it.

I use BIN with BO option for rarer random items I have that might bot get many hots on searches but have or items that are low population on eBay.

When I am just looking to pick up many of my pc needs I usually just type in "cespedes" and filter out the BINs to get to the auctions. I really only look at BINs when I'm looking for a very specific card.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint