`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian McCann is a Yankee Man!

RE: Brian McCann is a Yankee Man!
(11-24-2013, 09:08 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I thought the Fielder deal was being subsidized by the Tigers to the tune of $30million?
They could've used that to lock in a decent player for a 3 year contract. McCann signed for 85mil for 5 years. They could have used that 30mil subsidy and offered McCann a sweat deal.
Based on my understanding, the terms of the contract require the Rangers to use the 30 Million to offset Fielder's cost.
(11-24-2013, 10:53 AM)gherkin1496 Wrote: From my 3rd most hated team to my most hated team...Brian Mccann is officially cemented as one of my LEAST favorite players!
Evan, there are really only 2 teams that I hate in baseball. The Yanks (who I hate the most) & the Bosox.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Evan, there are really only 2 teams that I hate in baseball. The Yanks (who I hate the most) & the Bosox.
[/quote]

1. Yankees 2. Phillies 3. Braves 4. Marlins 5. Cardinals...but I really only HATE the first three
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Me & my fiance were looking at the forums & saw your thread...She's bummed about McCann trading to the Yankees but I'm totally stoked cause I'm a Yankees fan too Wink Great post Dr.MJ !!!!!
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards
Wink 
(11-24-2013, 11:33 AM)gherkin1496 Wrote: Evan, there are really only 2 teams that I hate in baseball. The Yanks (who I hate the most) & the Bosox.
1. Yankees 2. Phillies 3. Braves 4. Marlins 5. Cardinals...but I really only HATE the first three

[/quote]

Hate is a pretty strong word....dislike, root against maybe but hate?
How can anyone "hate" the Marlins? Its like hateing the Padres.

Oh wait...I just figured out these are all teams that have won the WS since the Mets last won. LOL. I really think you are more frustrated with your teams ineptitude. Smiley face (don't know how to add them)

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I saw this one coming when i first saw the free agent list, I thought of all the yankees moves they could make this one would be one of the best. Congrats on getting him! He is a very good player.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Well Dr. after this move seems we will only have more to talk about this weekend when I come for a visit. I was against this trade on a personal level. I don't think he will "fit in" well in NYC. Some of his antics and "gotta play the right way" is a little over the top at times. But on a "need" and SPLASH basis I understand the move. Deal is about where it should be. He is a MAJOR upgrade over what we have. Seems like Stewvelli will be on their ways out. Unless they decide to keep Cervy & trade Romine. Murphy & Sanchez still have a chance to make their ways up and maybe displace McCann to 1B or DH.

I can see it now. John Sterling making the calls "He set, delivers...it is high it is far gone. It's a McCannon Bomb"

(11-24-2013, 03:33 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: I saw this one coming when i first saw the free agent list, I thought of all the yankees moves they could make this one would be one of the best. Congrats on getting him! He is a very good player.
I think this Free Agent move was a great one. McCann is a proven catcher, great hitter, and he won't get burned out since he can alway be placed in the DH roll. Less chance of injury when a catcher doesn't have to spend every minute behind the plate. Coming to the AL was good move for McCann's career, especially signing with the Yanks and their Right Field porch, which should make him more productive at the plate.
(11-24-2013, 12:05 PM)rollx8 Wrote: Me & my fiance were looking at the forums & saw your thread...She's bummed about McCann trading to the Yankees but I'm totally stoked cause I'm a Yankees fan too Wink Great post Dr.MJ !!!!!
Maybe the McCann deal will be the bridge that turns your fiancé into a Yankee fan. Smile Mixed marriages are tough nowadays. Too many Arguments on how to raise the kids, how to observe Sunday gatherings, etc, etc. having everyone in the house under one Yankee banner makes for a much more harmonious home Smile
Good Luck with the conversion! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-24-2013, 03:19 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Hate is a pretty strong word....dislike, root against maybe but hate?
I agree. I figure the players really don't care one way or the other for the most part, so why should we get all bent out of shape about it?