`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Press Pass Hobby Box

2014 Press Pass Hobby Box
Well, got my box today and although it's tough to complain about a box where you pull a 1/1, none of the 'hits' were anything I collect. And the 'hits' themselves weren't top tier drivers...sorry Jerry & Adam.

I did pull a couple Kyle Larson and Austin Dillon CRC cards, a complete base set and probably another 1/3 of a set, as well as a Danica (nonserial numbered) Gold parallel.

Here is the rest of what I pulled. Everything except the two Kahne cards will be FT as one is part of an insert set I plan on trying to complete and the other I plan on redeeming.

2014 Press Pass Cup Chase #9 Kasey Kahne

[Image: IMG_0557_zps78160273.jpg]

2014 Press Pass Replay #19 Kasey Kahne SP

[Image: IMG_0559_zps064f2695.jpg]

2014 Press Pass Black #19 Matt Kenseth 70/70

[Image: IMG_0555_zps6f88bc93.jpg]

2014 Press Pass Black #55 Regan Smith NNS 42/70

[Image: IMG_0556_zpse006983b.jpg]

2014 Press Pass Cyan #87 Tony Stewart HS 12/35

[Image: IMG_0558_zpsce6165f6.jpg]

2014 Press Pass Burning Rubber Holofoil #BRGB Greg Biffle 39/50

[Image: IMG_0554_zpsaa023f2c.jpg]

2014 Press Pass Signings Printing Plates Magenta #PPSRS Regan Smith NNS 1/1

[Image: IMG_0553_zps5aa691ea.jpg]
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

RE: 2014 Press Pass Hobby Box
Hey man congrats on the break, not to bad at all. Nice Kasey's, what kind of redemption is that?
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

(11-22-2013, 08:50 PM)kevinr Wrote: Hey man congrats on the break, not to bad at all. Nice Kasey's, what kind of redemption is that?
Thanks Kevin! Although I wish I'd have pulled something special from one of the drivers I collect...but oh well, like I said, hard to complain about a 1/1 pull.

And as for the Cup Chase entry card, probably easier to just regurgitate what the back of the card says.

"First Prize: If the driver featured on this card qualifies for the 2014 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup in September 2014, you will receive a special Cup Chase set at no extra cost that will feature all of the drivers who make the 2014 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup"

"Grand Prize: Following the conclusion of the 2014 season in November 2014, contest entry cards featuring the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion will also receive a special Grand Prize at no cost. ..."

I've got two entries for the 2013 Cup Chase...Greg Biffle and a Field Card. This year was the first time I've entered, so not sure what will happen. I've seen some of the Cup Chase redemption sets before...there was on from several years back FT on here awhile ago...and they're pretty cool.

I might consider trading the Kahne Cup Chase card if you don't mind it already being redeemed. But not sure.

Anyhow, thanks partner. Hopefully I'll do a little better...for myself...on the next one.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

So do you think it is worth buying a Hobby Box? Looks like it. Even though you have the same luck as me pulling PC drivers. Went by Wally World this evening and they do not have any cards yet.

Jerry
Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

(11-22-2013, 09:32 PM)Echo7Bravo Wrote: So do you think it is worth buying a Hobby Box? Looks like it. Even though you have the same luck as me pulling PC drivers. Went by Wally World this evening and they do not have any cards yet.

Jerry
Not counting our luck on pulling our PCs...it's always fun to sit down and rip 30 packs! And with the 2014 PP, you're guaranteed at least one on card auto and one relic. Plus the handful of parallels and possible SP inserts.

I don't know...I'd have probably spent the same amount buying retail just to try to complete the base set. Though I'm sure retail will have it's own parallel colors as usual.

I'd probably do it again, Jerry. If you can afford it and not get too upset when the hits aren't your PC...I say go for it!

Never get upset, I am used to it and have become numb Smile

Jerry
Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

Not sure what you would be looking for but I wouldn't mind a shot at the 1/1.
[Image: OKimtze.png]

(11-22-2013, 10:23 PM)minitracer Wrote: Not sure what you would be looking for but I wouldn't mind a shot at the 1/1.
There's a possibility, friend. I'm waiting to hear back on another offer for a JMac...but if that falls through, we can talk.

(11-22-2013, 10:47 PM)Mikarlo Wrote: There's a possibility, friend. I'm waiting to hear back on another offer for a JMac...but if that falls through, we can talk.
No biggie just thought I could take a shot cause I do like him. He got screwed when they dumped him for Busch.

[Image: OKimtze.png]

Not a bad box. Personally, I would have been happy with it but mostly b/c I collect Kahne. Also, the Kenseth, Stewart, and Biffle cards would not be hard to trade/sell.

As for the Cup Chase card, I have the 2010 "special Grand Prize". I didn't pull the redemption/win the card. I traded for this one. It has the highest BV of any RU'd tire card I own that doesn't include an AU! Here is a scan of it:

[Image: JJCCTire.jpg]

I would definitely redeem that card, Jason. I think he has a pretty good shot next year, for both the Chase and the Championship. He and Dale Jr. both messed themselves up in the 1st Chase race this year, but performed very well for most of the final 9 races. Don't think that they won't both make a better showing to start the Chase if they make it again in 2014.
(11-23-2013, 12:21 AM)minitracer Wrote: No biggie just thought I could take a shot cause I do like him. He got screwed when they dumped him for Busch.
I agree that Regan got screwed by them signing Kurt Busch. I know they did it b/c they had the chance to sign a bigger name that would bring more sponsership dollars, but they just dumped Regan with very little notice. He had a real good year in the NNS in 2013 though. Maybe that will help him alot in either the NNS or NSCS.
BTW, I have a sweet Regan Smith AU/RU firesuit patch #'d 25 from 2013 Fanfare if you are interested in it. I will send you a PM with a scan.