`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Grade them?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, do both
94.74%
18 94.74%
Only the 1954 Bowman
5.26%
1 5.26%
Only the 1958 Topps
0%
0 0%
No, don't bother
0%
0 0%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To grade, or not to grade?

To grade, or not to grade?
Beckett is running that $8 vintage card grading special .... What do you think? Should I or shouldn't I?
[Image: 509982FE-2CB1-43D6-8EE5-8F3A8A9F7D5E-202...41f16e.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: To grade, or not to grade?
I would just for the fact that they will be slabbed and preserved. They both look to be in decent shape as well.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

They are not going to grade high..so if you want to authenticate and preserve, go for it..then there is no ? as to the grading and value..

(11-21-2013, 07:48 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: They are not going to grade high..so if you want to authenticate and preserve, go for it..then there is no ? as to the grading and value..
(11-21-2013, 07:33 AM)Haze28 Wrote: I would just for the fact that they will be slabbed and preserved. They both look to be in decent shape as well.
Thanks for the input.
You both brought up the preservation factor. Is the Beckett slab archival quality?
Would it be better in the grading slab than the acetate screwdown block that they're in? Just wondering?
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

hey where did u find this special? i have some vintage i would like to send in for grading. thanks

I'd say go for it. I've got a couple that I know won't grade very high, but I'm thinking about it just because of the age. I have no information to prove it, but I feel the Beckett slabs are better for preserving than anything I can buy at my LCS. If they aren't, the look and feel of them is certainly misleading.
Kepler

(11-21-2013, 07:57 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Thanks for the input.
You both brought up the preservation factor. Is the Beckett slab archival quality?
Would it be better in the grading slab than the acetate screwdown block that they're in? Just wondering?
I think this has been posted before on Beckett, but basically these guys take a slabbed Beckett card and beat the living snot out of it to test the slab. Its really long but you get the point...

[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

If you have any troubles deciding I will gladly take them off your hands and make the choice for you. KIDDING go for it.... will only be out a couple bucks and I prefer the BVG case over the screw downs.

(11-21-2013, 08:59 AM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: hey where did u find this special? i have some vintage i would like to send in for grading. thanks
Homepage right side, there's a box that says $8 - 20 day vintage grading
(11-21-2013, 09:14 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: I think this has been posted before on Beckett, but basically these guys take a slabbed Beckett card and beat the living snot out of it to test the slab. Its really long but you get the point...
I started watching this thinking it was really stupid, but eventually I was chuckling over it. Yeah, I guess that case can take a pounding ! Thanks!

(11-21-2013, 07:57 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: You both brought up the preservation factor. Is the Beckett slab archival quality?
Yes, the Beckett slab is most definitely archival quality!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!