RE: wow tigers unload a huge payroll...trade prince fielder for ian kinsler
I think it's a good move for both. Amazing trade. I was shocked
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Moves like this make me look forward to next season. Unlike the Phillies who will probably finish behind the Mets again

As a rangers fan I don't like it unless there's a good amount of cash coming back. Fielder is grossly overpaid and kinsler happened to be one of my favorites

(11-20-2013, 09:39 PM)rentzington Wrote: As a rangers fan I don't like it unless there's a good amount of cash coming back. Fielder is grossly overpaid and kinsler happened to be one of my favorites
Detroit News is talking about a strong possibility that money is involved, or possibly Rick Porcello as a 2nd player.

(11-20-2013, 09:31 PM)phillies816 Wrote: Moves like this make me look forward to next season. Unlike the Phillies who will probably finish behind the Mets again
Understand why both teams made this trade as this will benefit both for the reasons stated above.

I'm psyched about the Phillies moves so far. Hey, I get to watch an old=timers game evey day now............

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(11-20-2013, 09:39 PM)rentzington Wrote: As a rangers fan I don't like it unless there's a good amount of cash coming back. Fielder is grossly overpaid and kinsler happened to be one of my favorites
the tigers are sending 30 million in the trade

Have to think if approached the Yankees would've been willing to send Tex back to the Rangers for Kinsler since it's clear Cano isn't coming back. Tex has proven when healthy he can match Fielder for power any day of the week and he can also hit doubles and singles which Fielder rarely does. Not to mention he's 100x more athletic than Fielder ever will be.

So that begs to question was that ever even discussed and if not why ?

The rangers just turned fielder into a superstar by trading him from Detroit and it's small market. Fielder is a stud and will do very well in Texas.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(11-20-2013, 10:20 PM)elberson Wrote: The rangers just turned fielder into a superstar by trading him from Detroit and it's small market. Fielder is a stud and will do very well in Texas.
Detroit and its small market? We might not be the Yankees but were are not the Royals either. We have an owner who will spend money to win (look up the Red Wings) and had over 3 million fans the last two years. You need to take into account the 5 plus million people that live in the Detroit area.
Detroit Tigers Set Collector
Justin Verlander Miguel Cabrera Al Kaline Ty Cobb

(11-20-2013, 10:25 PM)ringers1993 Wrote: Detroit and its small market? We might not be the Yankees but were are not the Royals either. We have an owner who will spend money to win (look up the Red Wings) and had over 3 million fans the last two years. You need to take into account the 5 plus million people that live in the Detroit area.
Nothing against Detroit but outside of that area, they get no love. Texas has a bigger spotlight were fielder will shine
Some fielder love and almost rainbow

[Image: 0002.jpg]
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]