`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any super collectors?

any super collectors?
Been away from beckett online for a few years and just trying to get reaquainted with new and old members....and i was just wondering if we still have any super collectors still on here...i remember a few from when i was on 3 years ago! if there are any: WHO DO YOU COLLECT? HOW MANY CARDS OUTTA HOW MANY DIFFERENT PRODUCED DO YOU HAVE?
just kinda curious cause i been trying to become a super collector of miguel cabrera...as of now i have 2582 different cabrera cards out of the 8800 different that beckett says has been released, which is only 29% haves of cabrera cards....so i dont think i could be considered a super collector yet! what percentage do you have to be considered one in your opinion! thanks for everyones time...just thought id love to hear everyones thoughts on this topic!
Miguel Cabrera SUPER COLLECTOR in the works!!!!
[Image: MiguelCabrera8.jpg]

RE: any super collectors?
I would think most supercollectors see how many 1/1's there are are subtract those to get the real completion % and would just view the 1/1's as a bonus. That being said I don't super collect anyone and therefore don't know what I'm talking about.

(11-20-2013, 05:16 PM)hongkongfooey Wrote: I would think most supercollectors see how many 1/1's there are are subtract those to get the real completion % and would just view the 1/1's as a bonus. That being said I don't super collect anyone and therefore don't know what I'm talking about.
That's the way we are with our Lucroy collection. We are at 118 out of 131 non 1/1's for a 90.1% completion rate, with 6 1/1's as a bonus!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

I super collect Tyrell Jenkins (Cardinals prospect) because I know him personally.

I don't deal with 1/1s because they're too rare and costly. I had 17 different 1/1s at 1 time, but sold them all at once to a collector for a nice chunk of change. Used that money to buy more cards of higher #d and non-numbered stuff of Jenkins.

As of right now, I have 38 of 42 non 1/1s. One of the cards I don't have is #d/50 (Jenkins/Tilson dual autograph of Pro Debut), the other 3 are #d below 10.

Overall, I have about 800 Jenkins cards, an autographed hat, shirt and poster, 2 autographed baseballs. Plus, the fact I know him and talk to him on a regular basis (about once a week or so).

I'm with the guy that says you take away the 1/1s and then get a true percentage. It's hard to get all 1/1s, or even a few.

Cabrera is a tough guy to supercollect right now with his rare cards in such high demand after the last few years and his newly minted MVP. Sounds like you are up for the task! Just because you only own a small percentage doesn't make you any less of a supercollector! Personally I'm a Victorino supercollector and it can all be seen in my bucket, although I have about 500 cards to add after just buying out a very large collection.

Welcome back!

(11-20-2013, 05:30 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: Cabrera is a tough guy to supercollect right now with his rare cards in such high demand after the last few years and his newly minted MVP. Sounds like you are up for the task! Just because you only own a small percentage doesn't make you any less of a supercollector! Personally I'm a Victorino supercollector and it can all be seen in my bucket, although I have about 500 cards to add after just buying out a very large collection.

Welcome back!
very nice...i agree, cabrera has got quite costly but i think it will be worth it and i love collecting my favorite player! its taken me a while to get where i am! i working a deal with someone right now also for a lot of 500 different...i hope it goes thru cuz it will help a ton! the bad thing is that there are just so many 1 of 1s and i wish theyd do away with printing plates!
Miguel Cabrera SUPER COLLECTOR in the works!!!!
[Image: MiguelCabrera8.jpg]

i am trying to be a michael pineda super collector im at about 56% of his cards counting the 1/1's, not to shabby i guess, its mostly the high end stuff left for me to get

Don't know if you would call me a super-collector, but I set out to get every Cespedes RC/WBC card from 09/12 with a print run of /25 or higher. Have 118 different, out of 152 total for 77% completion. A lot of the ones left are +$20 on the bay on average.

As I started collecting other players/sets my Cespedes collection has slowed down a bit, but including 2013 I'm over 200 different for a relatively new player with few prospect releases.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Far from a Super collector.............
I'm just little old me
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNb_606llHi_uL1cMSYa7...weHG5KwrTw]

[Image: 90s.jpg]
[Image: sades.jpg]
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v520/mnbamboozled/grif
feys/]My Griffeys[/url]

I guess some might say I super collect Yankee Prospects. Doing my best to get 1 copy of each card for every active Yankees prospect to get an IP auto. Nice little collection for when my kids get old to revisit down memory lane.

I also only missing 9 Mikeson Oliberto Cards all are 1/1. Helps he has only had 29 cards released