`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
67 Reasons Why This Is A Szuper Post! No Play on Words Intended...

67 Reasons Why This Is A Szuper Post! No Play on Words Intended...
Hey everyone! As you all know by now, I am a collector of game-worn goaltending memorabilia, as well as a collector of Arturs Irbe and Levente Szuper. Cards have largely, but definitely not entirely taken the backseat to my memorabilia endeavors. The sentimentality towards my PC guys still gets me to spend money on any and all of their bigger stuff that I can find.

So recently, I came across an eBay listing detailing this Levente Szuper item. It stated that it was a practice worn jersey from the 1999 season that was used by Levente Szuper. Color-me intrigued, I thought, so I messaged the seller about it (because I know that asking questions is good) and was more than happy with the response. Essentially, when the ownership change occurred in 1999, there was no sponsorship agreement for making new jerseys, so a sporting goods store in the local market did the work, as you can see in the tag picture. After the team won the Memorial Cup that year, CCM took over the jersey making, and now Nike does. Additionally, Levente was the only goaltender on the team wearing that number when these types of practice jerseys were in use.

So, here it is in all its glory, joining my cards, my two game-worn jerseys, and one game-used stick, the 1999 Ottawa 67s Practice Used jersey belonging to Levente Szuper. While the pictures definitely do not show it, one of the sleeves do exhibit some puck marks.

[Image: szuperpracticefront_zpsbba4b9e7.jpg]

[Image: szuperpracticetag_zpsbd793f97.jpg]

[Image: szuperpracticerear_zpsc886e41d.jpg]

RE: 67 Reasons Why This Is A Szuper Post! No Play on Words Intended...
That's a sweet pc pick up!

Bruce,
Very nice pickup.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

As always a nice addition to a superb collection Bruce. Congrats!
Collecting
1. Mike Richter - 475/1641 28%
2. Eric Selleck - 21/30 70% (Incl. 1 Select Cracked Ice Not Listed)
3. Jeff Hoggan - 6/106 6%(Incl. 1 German Printing Plate Not Listed)
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%
5. Sets - Listed in my organize, PC/Set Wants