`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Buying boxes online that have been tampered with?

Buying boxes online that have been tampered with?
during the last few months. Myself and a few others have gotten what we think are tampered packs in boxes. for example yesterday I received a 2013 Score football hobby box, in one pack it had a james harden 2012 panini card? me and the other two gents have ordered these boxes from Dacardworld.com. The other guy said his pack was just to apprent to have been tampered with! my question is how do we know we are getting a sealed box from the company, wholesale. with all the technology today it's not out of the realm websites/stores would open and reseale packs, and i suspect dacardworld.com may be one with what i have found and a few others. is their a list of legit websites to order from. Dacardworld is a large website, and I have probably ordered 10,000$ total from them in the last 3 yrs, and to possibly find out they are tampering with boxes/packs. I think i would sue, but their is no way to prove this at all! I am not ordering anything else from them regardless, they have sent me 2 boxes of topps finest and the cards and box were all jacked up, they said contact the company which they are right if it was a manufacturing issue., but finding packs in hobby boxes that look tampered that is a no go. Can anyone suggest a legitimate website where you know you are getting a sealed box.pack?
Christopher Langston

RE: Buying boxes online that have been tampered with?
What kind of Panini card did you have from the Score? They sometimes put in Rookie of the Week inserts into their products (Score is a Panini product), so the card you got may be something along those lines. Did you get any inserts in it? How about the other people you know that had issues? If they had the hits they were supposed to, and you got some decent ones out of them, I would say more than likely they weren't tampered with (otherwise, what's the point in tampering with them?).

I've ordered a couple things from DA, and haven't had any issues. Heck, one box had 3 50 dollar BV cards in it! (for the product, that was actually amazing).

As to ordering from a place online that's not tampered with? Only way you can guarantee that is by ordering a sealed box or case from either Topps, UD, or Panini.

Oh no. This was a common base card panini threads of james harden, just a common base card. I know what you are talking about and that was not it.
Christopher Langston

Huh, that's unusual. Did you get any inserts in the box? Any autos? It's still possible that Panini screwed up and inserted it incorrectly. How about the pack itself? Was it sealed when you opened it to find that card, or did it seem to be opened already?

If you feel that they are, indeed, opening their boxes, you could always contact Panini about it, and see what they have to say about it. Explain what you explained here about it, and they'll either let you know if it was a screw up on their end, or whether you need to find another place to order.

I take it since you're ordering so much online, you don't have a local LCS?

I have gotten some nice hits from boxes that I ordered from dacardworld, but then again, I have heard that they and blowout both weigh boxes of Topps product and separate out the heavier boxes as those are the ones with booklets in them. After I heard that, I quit buying from both of them. I just stick to my LCS now and he doesn't order from either one of them. And if I want a case, he will order it for me from the manufacture, if he doesn't have it in stock.

Collecting
Joe Montana 586 Unique cards
Larry Johnson 17/560 Autos
Priest Holmes 2/163 Autos
1999 Sp Signature Autos 42/132
2003 LL Threads At the Half 13/100
#1 Draft Picks Autos 25/78 - Alternate Autos 12

I did get some inserts and autos. It's just the second time this has happened to me. And it happened to a friend who bought a 2011 UD football box and got a Giovanni Soto base card in one of the packs. It's just suspicious after you have seen it twice yourself and you know other people have had the same thing happen. It makes you think they are pulling all the hits and replacing them with another less valueable his is some cases. I might be paranoid, but usually when i am, more times that often i am right
(11-19-2013, 11:36 AM)montanacollector1619 Wrote: I have gotten some nice hits from boxes that I ordered from dacardworld, but then again, I have heard that they and blowout both weigh boxes of Topps product and separate out the heavier boxes as those are the ones with booklets in them. After I heard that, I quit buying from both of them. I just stick to my LCS now and he doesn't order from either one of them. And if I want a case, he will order it for me from the manufacture, if he doesn't have it in stock.

WOW! that is actually a pretty smard idea on their part, but it actually makes sense to me, all these boxes I have ordered before in the past. I feel like i have gotten screwed. I guess it is just too hard to avoid this from happening. I'm done using that website. it makes me wanna go and investigate their store when I get back from deployment as much money as i have spent there! I appreciate the info. Can you tell me what LCW is? a website that is legit? Thanks
Christopher Langston

Cool, just trying to get a feel for the situation with my questions Smile Sounds like if what montanacollector is saying coupled with your predicament, I might be avoiding ordering from them myself.

Yeah I know right! as buyers we are not really protected against that kinda of thing. I should invent some type of strip/packaging that gurantees boxes have not been tampered with from the manufacturer. Well someone should b/c looking back at all the money i have spent on that site and to know all the boxes or even some have been tampered with in any way shape fashion or form. kinda chaps my *****!
Christopher Langston

Not sure about the box thing. But i have ordered hundreds and hundreds of the loose packs they sell. I know that they are retail for the most part. But to never once get a hit out of them is unheard of. I have tried all sports, and never once a hit. Last year was my last try. Wont do it again. I know most of these are returns from the retailer, and have been fingered at the store itself before being returned. But not 1 hit, seriously?
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

I think DACardworld buys boxes back from people and resell them. For example, a person buys a case and pulls the card(s) (case hit) they want and sell back the unopened boxes. With that practice, it is not outside the realm of possibility that they bought a tampered with box from someone that resealed it. Not all their items are factory direct. This is not gospel truth, but I thought I read that here on Beckett somewhere.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.