`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Buying boxes online that have been tampered with?

RE: Buying boxes online that have been tampered with?
i have purchased from dacardworld on several occasions, maybe 25 boxes and 3 cases. in the past 4 years i have had 3 topps brand products being short or missing the guaranteed hits. ordering supplies is the only future business i will be doing with them. i know this sounds crazy, i have had the best luck with cases from ebay. i have had some monster hits and i am sticking with that from now on. cases on ebay and boxes at lcs. Id rather pay more and have piece of mind im not getting hosed.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

LCS stands for Local Card Shop.

The sad thing is, when I found out that Blowout cards was right here in Sterling, VA I started buying from them, you know support local business, but when I was told by my LCS owner that he has went there and they have boxes of Triple Threads sitting there in 2 stacks, one stack marked with a higher price, he asked why and they told him those are the boxes with the booklets in them. Apparently they only sell those to their very good customers.

rybowski97 - I bought a case from dacardworld back in early 2009 of 2008 SP Authentic, they are suppose to have 2 case hits which are Multi-Signed cards and it was missing both case hits. I can understand maybe missing 1, but missing them both was just to much of a coincidence. Now that I have heard this about them, it doesn't surprise me.
Collecting
Joe Montana 586 Unique cards
Larry Johnson 17/560 Autos
Priest Holmes 2/163 Autos
1999 Sp Signature Autos 42/132
2003 LL Threads At the Half 13/100
#1 Draft Picks Autos 25/78 - Alternate Autos 12

(11-19-2013, 06:03 PM)montanacollector1619 Wrote: LCS stands for Local Card Shop.

The sad thing is, when I found out that Blowout cards was right here in Sterling, VA I started buying from them, you know support local business, but when I was told by my LCS owner that he has went there and they have boxes of Triple Threads sitting there in 2 stacks, one stack marked with a higher price, he asked why and they told him those are the boxes with the booklets in them. Apparently they only sell those to their very good customers.

rybowski97 - I bought a case from dacardworld back in early 2009 of 2008 SP Authentic, they are suppose to have 2 case hits which are Multi-Signed cards and it was missing both case hits. I can understand maybe missing 1, but missing them both was just to much of a coincidence. Now that I have heard this about them, it doesn't surprise me.
I think dacardworld and blowout are up to no good. i was shorted on a case of topps baseball jumbo--4 autos...and 3 of the ones i got were damion easley...really topps cmon!!
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

Ive had very good luck with ebay also... I bought a box of 2010 triple threads from someone and pulled a 6-way auto booklet of arod, sabathia, matsui, Damon, cano and Mariano /3!
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

In 2009 I bought 3 boxes of 2007 Limited from Blowout.
Pulled a Peterson slideshow auto (case hit), Manning monikers auto and a Bednarik /25 patch.
Solid 3 box break (some promotion).

[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

If you suspect that consumer fraud is happening, contact the State Attorney/Attorney General and file a complaint. They will investigate the matter on your behalf. Don't just stop buying from them, complain, and shut them down. Document the dates, items that you have ordered, and conversations that you have had with them. Bring the evidence and documentation and let the State handle it on your behalf. It does no one any good to have such a business selling to collectors.

Ok, since this is quickly turning into a thread about demonizing and/or libeling a particular company, let me give my knowledge and experience with Dave and Adams.

- I buy from NO ONE else. I have had entirely too many obvious problems with other stores / companies. I've seen other stores search packs right in front of me, but not D&A.

- I don't quite think Dave and Adams "buys back" product nearly as much as you think. I know 100% it is never allowed in the stores themselves, and they have only a very few buyers who are allowed to do ANY kind of buying, and they is mostly vintage or non-card items. You cannot buy anything from the store and then return it, with the exception of clothes. No card product or memorabilia NEVER.

- They only have a few "Buying Night" events a year where anyone can try selling to them, but they really just don't buy much modern stuff other than singles.

- They have very strict policies about their employees even trying to buy any products for themselves. I know of several times employees have been fired on the spot for trying to hold or hide packs for themselves. If an employee wants to buy packs or boxes, a manager has to pick it for them. They cannot even pick their own packs. They even have on record employees EBay accounts, and monitor them.

- I've been there, on first day of release of a product, when a sealed case has been opened, and bought sealed boxes from sealed cases, and STILL been missing hits. You can thank the card companies for that, not the seller.

Putting it plainly, I've pulled cards worth well over $1000 EACH from D&A, and seen a whole lot more pulled by others. I doubt that would happen if they were skimming the boxes.

Finally, my personal opinion here, A company that does all the business they do, WORLD WIDE, do you really think they have the time, or would bother with the effort, to search packs/boxes?? Why bother trying to search out that $2 UD jersey card when they can just sell the whole box to you for $100??

-
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Solid post. I was trying to extinguish the fire set for BlowoutCards. I pulled a case hit - and 2 other solid cards in one order from them. And - watch their box busting channels on youtube - you'll see some spectacular cards pulled (and your crappy normal box busts as well)

(11-20-2013, 06:43 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: Ok, since this is quickly turning into a thread about demonizing and/or libeling a particular company, let me give my knowledge and experience with Dave and Adams.

- I buy from NO ONE else. I have had entirely too many obvious problems with other stores / companies. I've seen other stores search packs right in front of me, but not D&A.

- I don't quite think Dave and Adams "buys back" product nearly as much as you think. I know 100% it is never allowed in the stores themselves, and they have only a very few buyers who are allowed to do ANY kind of buying, and they is mostly vintage or non-card items. You cannot buy anything from the store and then return it, with the exception of clothes. No card product or memorabilia NEVER.

- They only have a few "Buying Night" events a year where anyone can try selling to them, but they really just don't buy much modern stuff other than singles.

- They have very strict policies about their employees even trying to buy any products for themselves. I know of several times employees have been fired on the spot for trying to hold or hide packs for themselves. If an employee wants to buy packs or boxes, a manager has to pick it for them. They cannot even pick their own packs. They even have on record employees EBay accounts, and monitor them.

- I've been there, on first day of release of a product, when a sealed case has been opened, and bought sealed boxes from sealed cases, and STILL been missing hits. You can thank the card companies for that, not the seller.

Putting it plainly, I've pulled cards worth well over $1000 EACH from D&A, and seen a whole lot more pulled by others. I doubt that would happen if they were skimming the boxes.

Finally, my personal opinion here, A company that does all the business they do, WORLD WIDE, do you really think they have the time, or would bother with the effort, to search packs/boxes?? Why bother trying to search out that $2 UD jersey card when they can just sell the whole box to you for $100??

-
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

I love how this post got so anti- DACardworld, instead of raising the issue that it could be an issue with the card companies. I have bought boxes from several different online sources including DACardworld, Blowout, and eBay. The only time I have ever suspected the box of being searched was from eBay (as I could tell the cellophane had been ripped and resealed). I have definitely had plenty of boxes that were duds, but also several great boxes. It really is luck of the draw, and while getting slighted on case hits is rare it does happen, and usually can be resolved by contacting the card manufacturer.
That being said, if there is some factual evidence of them tampering with packs, or essentially pack searching for hits, then it would definitely constitute fraud. However simply saying that you spend lots of money but get lousy hits is like saying I buy $1,000's in scratch-off lottery tickets, but never win. So I think my local ticket seller is somehow scanning the tickets and only selling me losing tickets.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/