`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to JJ on #6

Congrats to JJ on #6
It needs to be said...Congratulations to Jimmie Johnson for an unprecedented 6th championship in only 8 years! Truly a remarkable feat.

And in turn, congrats to Adam and all other JJ fans and collectors...I'm sure y'all are celebrating tonight!

And congrats to Austin Dillon and Matt Crafton on their respective championships as well...y'all know I was sweating that Austin Dillon championship yesterday. That was close!

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed watching all three top divisions in NASCAR this season. Watching the Dillon Brothers compete week in and week out for a championship was a blast to watch. But the biggest highlight of the season for me was watching JMac getting his first win in some time at Talladega...and subsequently making me late to my NBA fantasy draft, lol, but it was so worth it!

What were some of the best highlights of the season for y'all? Anything stand out for you?
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

RE: Congrats to JJ on #6
Six-Time!!!

I am just happy that he did well enough today to earn another championship. Kenseth did everything he could to win the race and the title, but Jimmie and crew made sure they would not lose it this year.

Just for the heck of it:
My JJ card collection is at 840 cards, 6 die-cast cars (with 1 hauler), and numerous other collectibles. It has become my largest collection of one single athlete out of my entire sports collection.

I was rooting for Austin yesterday as well and was happy to see him take the title. I just don't really like Hornish. There is a good reason he is not in the Cup Series anymore, but he finally seems to understand how to race in NASCAR.

I didn't get to watch the CWTS race Friday b/c I was at work, so thanks for letting me know who won the title there. I don't really have anything to say about that division. Too many non-truck drivers running that series (as well as too many weeks off) really make it hard to follow.

Well Newman winning Indy was a favorite of mine! I am also a JJ fan so I usually have his success to fall back on. lol
Hopefully Newman can turn some heads in 2014 and make Stewart regret letting him get away!
[Image: OKimtze.png]

Congrats to JJ for another awesome year. Also to Dale Jr. and Gordon finishing 5th and 6th. Kasey had a rough season, but did manage to pull a couple out,so his Bristol/Pocono wins are tops for my year.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

I must say, JJ is hard to not like...so solid, so consistent. I'm not a huge Chad Knaus fan, however, but, as Jim Rome always says, if you're not cheating, you're not trying. That takes nothing away from the 48 race team. Right now, without a doubt, JJ is the best driver in the series.

As to Ryan Newman leaving SHR...I really don't get it, either. I'm not sure what the heck happened there. I always thought Newman was a good fit with Smoke, but I guess things happen. Maybe it was not volatile enough. LOL We will defintiely see something different from Stewart-Haas in 2014 with Harvick and Kurt Busch on board...Kurt Busch???? I know the guy can drive, but didn't Tony Stewart punch him a few years ago??? I'm not a Kurt Busch fan at all, and Kevin Harvick isn't my favorite, either. But, SHR could be a force in 2014 (if Smoke can keep the rubber facing down...LOL).

I gotta say, the highlight of this season for me was Danica Patrick sitting on the pole (no pun intended) at Daytona and getting a top 10 there. You know, I think that it is a pretty big deal for some reason. I'm not really a Danica fan, per se, and I don't have a crush on her or anything like that, but there is something about it that makes me want to see her do well...

Also, a big moment for me was when Smoke ended up with a bionic leg and was out of the season...I must admit that I lost a little bit of interest in the season from that point on, catching only bits and pieces of races and stuff.

I am so glad that the "Pileup Machine" Sam Hornish is staying in the Nationwide series. The guy is an ok driver, but makes one critical mistake, it seems, in every big league race he runs in. Nice to see Austin Dillon, 30 gallon black hat and all, driving so well. But seriously, that hat is bigger than he is, no?

So, it's not too early to start making some 2014 predictions, is it?

I think that Kurt Busch will win 2 races and make the Chase.
I think that Dale Jr. will miss the Chase.
I think that Danica will get at least one top five and finish better than 20th in points.
I think that Denny Hamlin will be at the top of the points going into the Chase, but finish fifth.
I think that Tony Stewart will make the Chase.
I think that Jimmie Johnson will threaten to get #7, but finish third.
I think Kyle Busch is going to win the Championship, just beating out Jeff Gordon.

And if I'm wrong, well, so it goes...honestly, what do I know????? LOL
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

(11-18-2013, 01:14 PM)dunnere Wrote: I'm not really a Danica fan, per se, and I don't have a crush on her or anything like that
Oh, come now. No need to be modest. I'll admit...she's definitely a cutie! And if a little pipsqueak like Stenhouse can score a date with her...well, I think a lot of us probably have a shot too. I'm just sayin'...

Interesting predictions...and if nothing else, definitely probable. Although I'm not sure Jerry and Adam will agree with Gordon and JJ finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively, lol. Honestly, I'd like to see anybody win the championship...except Kyle Busch...and Harvick to a lesser degree. Really cannot stand either one of those guys. But they can drive, that's for damn sure.

My bias is stroking me here, but I'd like to see Clint Bowyer finally get his championship. I'd like to see McMurray win it even more...but I am a realist too, lol. Sorry JMac, I love ya buddy...but it'd be a miracle.

So who is going to win the ROTY award...Dillon or Larson? I'm sure y'all can guess who I'll be pulling for...even though Larson will be JMacs teammate. I'd love to see Dillon win it. He had some pretty decent showings in the #14 the few races he had a chance to drive. And I'm not sure how you all feel about it, but it will be nice to see the #3 back in the Big Leagues again.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

Ha, you got me... maybe I do have a little crush on Danica...

And Don't get me wrong, I am not a Kyle Busch fan by any stretch of the imagination, but he can drive the wheels off of it.

ROTY? I'm going to agree with Austin Dillon...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

Just like I said for this years ROY race, the driver with the better team will win it. Dillon will win the 2014 ROY, b/c RCR is a better team than Phoenix Racing. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a lot closer than this years battle b/t Danica and Ricky, though.
As for the Championship, I don't care if Jimmie doesn't win it...
As long as Kenseth, Keselowski, or anyone from SHR don't win it either. Danica doesn't have a chance really (yet), but Stewart has put together the perfect totally-hated crew for next year. Danica is the only member of that team that I will root for. I never really liked Newman b/c he won ROY over JJ back in their rookie year, but I will be rooting for him to do better than those other 3 at SHR.
I really think next year is the year for Kasey Kahne and Kyle Busch! I think both will finish in the top-5 and 1 of them could be the Champ.
Personally, I think it is better for the sport if JJ does NOT win again next year. I DO think JJ will get 8 titles before he retires, but I think the last 2 titles will be spread out a bit more.