`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps I did not ask for a replacement...Called Today (11-20-13)

RE: Topps I did not ask for a replacement...
Annoying that you didn't get the one you wanted, but Duke Snider was awesome, so...
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(11-18-2013, 08:42 AM)mnc99 Wrote: What has this world come to when people are complaining about getting a Duke Snider autograph instead of a Max Scherzer autograph. The fact that they are in the same sentence is blasphemy. I'd take a legendary HOF auto over a guy who is pretty average with the exception of this year and MAYBE last year.

Maybe I'm missing something?
Some people do not collect the vintage players. Some people collect specific sets and teams and what not. Personally, when I pull players that I don't remember ever seeing or playing, I'm happy to trade them.

Hey guys did not have time to call and will not till Wed. but I plan on calling. I am a bit scared that they are not going to get Max's auto on the remander of the red. cards...I say that because I talked to a dealer that had a 2012 ginter Max S. auto in hand at national and I have seen one sell on ebay when it was first released.

I have seen this alot with the set especially when it came to the red autos. I see a red auto of a player on the bay or other place but have never seen a blue of them...makes me wonder how they do autos at topps.

But I will keep you updated on the thing. Thanks guys

(11-18-2013, 03:18 PM)hempick Wrote: Annoying that you didn't get the one you wanted, but Duke Snider was awesome, so...
Would never disrespect "The Duke of Flatbush" ... His auto cards are awesome, IMO ... Got 2 myself! ... But in this case, Scherzer is just coming off a Cy Young season, had a great post season, and his card value is probably higher than Duke's as of today, and might be easier to sell ... today.
So I can understand the massive disappointment and surprise, especially when it isn't a requested replacement. Been there before. Wish I had a Scherzer auto to trade you, but I don't Sad
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Sorry to hear about not getting the card for a set you are working on, though you did get an awesome replacement. Nor right that you weren't asked though. Good luck with following up, hope they make it right by you.

Topps Redemption program = nightmare. I can see a redemption if they need to produce a card with cut auto's or something of that nature. All others sb ready to go when product ships IMO. Nothing worse then opening a box and one of the "hits" is a "maybe" card. As in maybe you'll get it, maybe you won't.

(11-18-2013, 08:03 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Some people do not collect the vintage players. Some people collect specific sets and teams and what not. Personally, when I pull players that I don't remember ever seeing or playing, I'm happy to trade them.
When you pull that Babe Ruth cut auto....can I have 1st dibs? LOL

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(11-18-2013, 08:58 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Sorry to hear about not getting the card for a set you are working on, though you did get an awesome replacement. Nor right that you weren't asked though. Good luck with following up, hope they make it right by you.

Topps Redemption program = nightmare. I can see a redemption if they need to produce a card with cut auto's or something of that nature. All others sb ready to go when product ships IMO. Nothing worse then opening a box and one of the "hits" is a "maybe" card. As in maybe you'll get it, maybe you won't.

When you pull that Babe Ruth cut auto....can I have 1st dibs? LOL
Who's this Babe Ruth guy? Is he as good as Mike Trout?

(11-18-2013, 10:36 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Who's this Babe Ruth guy? Is he as good as Mike Trout?
Anybody named Babe couldn't have been any good ... Silly old-timers and their silly nicknames ... Just remember Joe or I would gladly take any of his horrible cards off your hands ... As long as you trade in our favor Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-19-2013, 07:54 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Anybody named Babe couldn't have been any good ... Silly old-timers and their silly nicknames ... Just remember Joe or I would gladly take any of his horrible cards off your hands ... As long as you trade in our favor Smile
I usually do, as Joe knows, Doc! You should try it sometime, LOL

(11-18-2013, 07:37 AM)jonathani Wrote: Another negative comment about the only company with a license for the MLBPA? Say it isn't so.
Actually only one with a license from MLB-- Panini has a license with the MLBPA also.

Talked to topps today, nothing got resolved. I had good news and bad news. Good news for all of those who have the 2012 ginter kemp redemption that should be coming in the mail it is just waiting for framing. Max S. fans don't hold your breath and stay away from his redemptions, they are not obtaining his auto.

So the bad news is that they are not making the 2012 Ginter autograph. They said that if you have gotten the letter with a replacement card than that card will not be made.

So I told him that I saw one sell on ebay when the product was released and talked to solid dealer at the National at Chicago that said he had sold one. That is at least two that were on the market, why not more. (Sounds Fishy) So Topps said they would contact me back (call me back). Has anyone had Topps call them about a problem in the past?

Tell me your thoughts?