`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Broke my rule: This is why I don't like busting boxes

Broke my rule: This is why I don't like busting boxes
Remember I said I had a Topps Sterling Box coming with Barry Bonds...Below is why I don't buy boxes & only singles...I have NO MOJO when it comes to busting wax...$324 down the drain.....

[Image: BarryBondsSterling_zps19fbac48.jpg]
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

RE: Broke my rule: This is why I don't like busting boxes
That's it? Really? Why are there no signature cards? Thought it was one of those high end boxes that promised autos? I'd complain to topps that you didn't get the right amount of hits ... And why all Bonds? How'd that happen?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Man that sucks. I do not buy boxes either.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

I'm not too familiar with the Topps Sterling. Think they discontinued it before I got back into collecting last year. Do they have themed boxes player-wise or something? And let you know who is in it? Looked on the bay and didn't see much of the product at all.

That is pretty rough. They are some nice looking cards across the board, but that price tag is ROUGH
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Yep this box was player specific....Unless the seller Duped me somehow by resealing the box....Here's the auction I bought the box from:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200981469080?ssP...1439.l2649

I did my research & everything: I googled busting these types of boxes & watching videos of them on youtube....Even on the shiny finish of the gift box there were no finger prints or anything....Its just my lack of MOJO when it comes to busting wax :/
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

You are DEFINITELY missing a hit! That break at $325 makes me want to cry for you... Here is the breakdown from blowoutcards though..

Configuration: 1 pack per box. 5 cards per pack.
* Each Topps Sterling box contains 1 Player-Specific Cherry Wood box and 1 Mystery Pack.
* Each Cherry Wood Player-Specific box contains 3 Base cards PLUS 1 Autographed Relic or Relic card of one player.
* Each Mystery Pack contains 1 Cut-Signature card or 1 Framed Parallel card.

You are missing a card, either a cut 1/1 auto or at worst a framed parallel which could help with the value of the box. I would question the seller or at least go to Topps. That is ridiculous!!!

Sadly you are not missing a hit. The fully sealed box includes a mystery pack which comes on top of the player-specific box. That's why player specific boxes are usually cheaper, because the mystery pack doesn't come with. The seller usually keeps the mystery pack or sells it separately. I'm surprised that is was $300 though.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

The product is what sucks. How the retail price is that high for some of these products is just outrageous. In the beginning when you got these "super packs" you would get cut auto's of hall of famers and or something from current stars, etc.... that would at least make you walk away happy. The higher the price the worse it gets nowadays. Unless you get a hit that is 1 in 100 (not great odds but maybe good in caparison to some options in this hobby) then you can't even recoup half the boxes value if you sell everything off.

May last foray into this was $175 box of tribute....I got a Sal Bando auto that you can grab from $7 on the bay and a Mourneau (sp?) GU numbered to 50. I think I sold for a total of $12.

It has become a lottery. the people winning are the ones trading for the autos and GU or buying at dirt cheap prices on the net somewhere. It takes some severe luck to win on high priced product these days.

I always look at this way.....what singles could I buy with your $324 on one night of Becket Market place or ebay or elsewhere? Think of how happy you would be to pull those cards from a $324 box?
www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info

So this was bought off Ebay. Yeah it sucks that some sellers do that. Complain to Ebay about the fact that the seller gave you a re-sealed box.
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.

Ouch... sorry to hear... that's way too much for way too little :-(.