`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Board Question

Board Question
I'm not sure if this is allowed on the boards but I have a question. I've noticed this a lot over the past few months with people selling cards. Some people go by eBay as I do and others just guess or go by beckett value if there is one. What is the accepted value to go by? I would like to hear everyone's honest opinion about this.

[Image: 286z31h.png]

Bucket: http://s863.photobucket.com/user/uncfan011/library/?sort=3&page=1

Also, if a card isn't graded then please do not list it as "mint" to bump the trade value. I trade nrmt-mt unless graded. Sorry

RE: Board Question
I guess it is a little of all. Use the price guide at first. But if someone wants to trade you a $150 Bonds card say for a $150 Jeter SP Rookie, then pull the Ebay reference. No way Bonds trades for book anymore but Jeter trades for over book in my opinion. Just have to have an overall knowledge.

I honestly don't look to buy anything on here because most people are way higher then ebay, i mean i can just go to ebay and buy the card?? But people price their cards to what its worth to them, but I just honestly don't see the reason for pricing a card for 10$ more then what you can get on ebay.. That might work on craigslist or something but it shouldn't work here..i sale by sale value and trade by bv unless its like leebo said where the bv is way off then it should be..
[Image: Untitled.jpg]

http://s885.photobucket.com/albums/ac58/...owboysFan/

Huge cowboys fan! Collecting all cowboys autos, and Main rookies of football and baseball and Game used..

two things to remember:

the "beckett value" displayed is the high value for the default era condition. remember that beckett has always had two columns, low and high.

ebay value is not market value. could be lower, or higher, than the default era high beckett value. also, only look at "sold" values, and remember than BIN is a different beast than an auction value

How you sell/trade is sort of like religion. If you go into someone's thread/house you may not like or agree with how they trade/worship but you should show respect while in their thread/home. Do you go in someone's church who doesn't share the same beliefs and start belittling them and telling them how they are doing it wrong? A thread like this isn't needed, most people have something called common sense. The lack of respect some people on this board have shown towards other traders lately is pathetic. If you don't like how someone trades, don't trade/buy from them, its pretty simple. I've already read multiple threads today alone where you crossed the line.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

There really isn't a right or wrong answer. A person has the right to ask whatever they want and you have the right to not buy it at that price. It is a free market afterall. The latest price for a card on ebay may be $100 for a card and then a day later it sells for $50. The right price might be down the middle, but maybe the guy that got it for $50 got a steal. Who really knows.
(11-13-2013, 02:33 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: How you sell/trade is sort of like religion. If you go into someone's thread/house you may not like or agree with how they trade/worship but you should show respect while in their thread/home. Do you go in someone's church who doesn't share the same beliefs and start belittling them and telling them how they are doing it wrong? A thread like this isn't needed, most people have something called common sense. The lack of respect some people on this board have shown towards other traders lately is pathetic. If you don't like how someone trades, don't trade/buy from them, its pretty simple. I've already read multiple threads today alone where you crossed the line.
I agree 100%. I have seen too much of this lately.
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

(11-13-2013, 02:33 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: How you sell/trade is sort of like religion. If you go into someone's thread/house you may not like or agree with how they trade/worship but you should show respect while in their thread/home. Do you go in someone's church who doesn't share the same beliefs and start belittling them and telling them how they are doing it wrong? A thread like this isn't needed, most people have something called common sense. The lack of respect some people on this board have shown towards other traders lately is pathetic. If you don't like how someone trades, don't trade/buy from them, its pretty simple. I've already read multiple threads today alone where you crossed the line.
Exactly.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I just figure if I want the card in the 1st place, I will compare all venues of acquiring it and go with the cheapest way of getting it, be it on this board or EBay... just my 2 cents...

But I am also always respectful of other people who are selling. It's their card and can ask whatever they want. If the price is to high, I always have the option "Not to buy"

I agree with most of what has been said. And a thread like this was needed to shed light on all the back and forth arguing about what a card is worth. I feel that some people here think their card is worth more just because they own it. However, I do agree they can try and sell for what they want to. Having said that, I've posted on a couple threads only trying to help people out and help them sell the card. I, in no way, tried to get them to sell it cheaper just because I wanted it. I feel like a lot of people are uneducated with today's market when it comes to selling cards.
[Image: 286z31h.png]

Bucket: http://s863.photobucket.com/user/uncfan011/library/?sort=3&page=1

Also, if a card isn't graded then please do not list it as "mint" to bump the trade value. I trade nrmt-mt unless graded. Sorry

(11-13-2013, 03:19 PM)Sargieboy Wrote: I just figure if I want the card in the 1st place, I will compare all venues of acquiring it and go with the cheapest way of getting it, be it on this board or EBay... just my 2 cents...

But I am also always respectful of other people who are selling. It's their card and can ask whatever they want. If the price is to high, I always have the option "Not to buy"

Well said. When I see something in a sale thread If i'm not already familiar with the current auctions, etc I'll check ebay and then bv and if I want it a lil less then I'll PM and ask.

On the flip side of that when looking to sell an item if I can find recent sales on ebay great, if not then decide a value. A lot of people start with 50% of BV give or take which I think more often than not is quite fair.

With ebay you can look at recent sales and the prices are all over the place. The same card might have sold for 5,28,12,and 7 dollars over a month. What does it make the card actually worth? why did the 5 and 7 dollar auctions sell so low? Timing? Description? Poor feedback? (this ones key I don't buy if the feedback isnt good)

Personally I'd rather sell on here to someone who is collecting than a random "stranger" on ebay