Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fernandez, Myers win ROY

RE: Fernandez, Myers win ROY
(11-12-2013, 11:59 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: 2013 Finest Refractor auto
Very nice, hope he and Topps come through for you.

I thought we would give it to puig but fernandez deserved it!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(11-13-2013, 02:19 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: I thought we would give it to puig but fernandez deserved it!
So did Puig. Should have been "co" rookies of the year. Period.

Puig should have gotten it. That said, I'm almost glad he didn't.

Look at the list of RoYs. How many of them actually ended up having amazing careers?
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Funny you say that, I just got in today a Willie Montanez (who ?) Phillies 1973 card. In 1971, Willie came in second to Earl Williams of the Braves in the NL ROY. Willie's #'s were 30 HR, 99 RBI, 27 2b and 3 3b. He only hit .255 though in 599 AB. Earl's numbers were just slightly better (I don't have his card in front of me to tell you what they were though LOL).

What's your point JOE...well both Earl & Willie, though having 10+ yr careers, never approched thier rookie seasons again.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(11-14-2013, 10:12 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Funny you say that, I just got in today a Willie Montanez (who ?) Phillies 1973 card. In 1971, Willie came in second to Earl Williams of the Braves in the NL ROY. Willie's #'s were 30 HR, 99 RBI, 27 2b and 3 3b. He only hit .255 though in 599 AB. Earl's numbers were just slightly better (I don't have his card in front of me to tell you what they were though LOL).

What's your point JOE...well both Earl & Willie, though having 10+ yr careers, never approched thier rookie seasons again.
Yeah, that's true ... pretty hit or miss on the rest of their careers. I'm just disappointed he doesn't get to put it on his résumé, that's all.

I hear you RJ, but ah, win an MVP or 2 and a world series and nobody cares. Miggy won his 2nd MVP in a row which I applaud him for, but your other boy is the best player in the game. That's how I look at things.

(11-14-2013, 10:57 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I hear you RJ, but ah, win an MVP or 2 and a world series and nobody cares. Miggy won his 2nd MVP in a row which I applaud him for, but your other boy is the best player in the game. That's how I look at things.
That's true. I was sitting here today after Miggy won MVP and Scherzer won the Cy and I was like, well, uh, I can't speak for them, but I'd trade the two MVPs and the two Cy Youngs (Verhammer's the previous year) for one World Series ring.

As I get older, Joe, I'm all about the steak ... not the sizzle.

ah man...need that sizzle to go with the steak! I want it all....LOL

(11-14-2013, 11:11 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: ah man...need that sizzle to go with the steak! I want it all....LOL
Yeah, but you can also remember the last time the Phils won a ring ... I can't actually remember the last time the Tigers won one.

(I mean, I know when it was, I was just too little to remember it.)