`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fernandez, Myers win ROY

RE: Fernandez, Myers win ROY
What I said was, Puig should have at least gotten "co" ... I don't see why a guy with completely meaningless stats on a bad team — "JoFer" — wins outright over a guy with EQUALLY impressive stats who happened to be the catalyst for a playoff team.

That was all. Not real complicated, and not real difficult to see my side of it.
(11-11-2013, 07:34 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: I can't say I disagree with Fernandez winning the rookie of the year. His numbers are ridiculous, but when you factor in what PUIG did for the dodgers and his numbers. PUIG is my NL ROY no way the dodgers finish with the record they did without PUIG.

Congrats to Fernandez and my boy wil Myers.

Now just waiting for the value of my Myers collection to go down even further. I mean the better someone plays the harder your collection takes a hit right?
LOL, so true. Never could figure that one out.

You're faulting Fernandez for how bad the rest of his team is, and I don't really think that's fair. It's not like he has the opportunity to pitch everyday, while Puig does have that opportunity to affect every game. If you put Puig on the Marlins, and Fernandez on the Dodgers this wouldn't even be a discussion. Puig could not have made the Marlins relevant, just like no one player could. Also Hanley Ramirez was just as much of a catalyst for the Dodgers as Puig was after hitting .400 coming off the DL, but people seem to forget about that, or maybe they just don't care.

Also Fernandez had one of the best rookie seasons for a pitcher ever, if not the best. Puig had a good year, but where his numbers the best ever for a rookie, not exactly.

Just my $0.02.
Collecting Bruins, Jon Papelbon, Patriots

[Image: Stockinsert.jpg]

(11-11-2013, 11:44 PM)BruinsFan91 Wrote: You're faulting Fernandez for how bad the rest of his team is, and I don't really think that's fair. It's not like he has the opportunity to pitch everyday, while Puig does have that opportunity to affect every game. If you put Puig on the Marlins, and Fernandez on the Dodgers this wouldn't even be a discussion. Puig could not have made the Marlins relevant, just like no one player could. Also Hanley Ramirez was just as much of a catalyst for the Dodgers as Puig was after hitting .400 coming off the DL, but people seem to forget about that, or maybe they just don't care.

Also Fernandez had one of the best rookie seasons for a pitcher ever, if not the best. Puig had a good year, but where his numbers the best ever for a rookie, not exactly.

Just my $0.02.
Fair enough ... but he only played 102 games or whatever. Had they brought him up out of spring training — like they should have, the guy did hit .500 something — he may very well have put up Trout-like numbers, and this may have not even been a debate.

But that's a fair point about the every day vs. fifth day discussion.

Again — another reason they should have been "CO" !!!

I completely agree with the votes in both leagues. I think Puig lost his chance at the ROY when he kind of fizzled out towards the end of the season. He carried a .400 average for well over a month and just barely finished the season over .300. Not to mention the mistakes in the field and on the base paths... You take Puig and put him on Miami and Fernandez on LA and you would see one guy win 22-24 games and a Cy Young and another guy demoted back to AAA.

I'm not hating on Puig either, I think he is going to be a stud for years to come but he was a very raw talent and it showed.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

OK, everybody is obviously entitled to their opinion, but ...

"you would see one guy win 22-24 games and a Cy Young and another guy demoted back to AAA"

Come on, man. That's a little extreme, on both sides.

Remember, IF Puig had never been called up, the Dodgers would have had a similar record to the ...

Wait for it ...

Marlins.

You can't say for sure that "JoFer" would have won his "22-24 games and a Cy Young" without Puig carrying them almost by himself for the better part of three months.

Again, guys, I'm not slamming Fernandez — I like him as much as anyone else, and almost 99 percent of the time I get a trade offer, it's for that Bowman orange auto of mine I pulled out of a retail blaster last year.

And there's a big reason I haven't traded it — I like Jose Fernandez!

Put it this way — I have never seen a rookie as good as Puig not win rookie of the year, or at least a share of it.

And again — it's just my opinion — I don't think Fernandez's stats were so far above and beyond Puig's to justify him winning it outright. That's all.

(11-12-2013, 01:03 AM)Haze28 Wrote: I completely agree with the votes in both leagues. I think Puig lost his chance at the ROY when he kind of fizzled out towards the end of the season. He carried a .400 average for well over a month and just barely finished the season over .300. Not to mention the mistakes in the field and on the base paths... You take Puig and put him on Miami and Fernandez on LA and you would see one guy win 22-24 games and a Cy Young and another guy demoted back to AAA.

I'm not hating on Puig either, I think he is going to be a stud for years to come but he was a very raw talent and it showed.
Ding ding ding!!! Winner!!! Well-said...

Bottom line... Puig's numbers by the end of the year were awesome... Dude helped me win some good $ in fantasy baseball... But, get rid of the Puig-LA hype, and Fernandez is the clear cut winner in my book...

Not diminishing anything Puig did... A great rookie season... He provided a line-up surge at just the right time. Fernandez was dominant and didn't fade though... Better rookie season in my opinion just from numbers and limited TV observation...

Puig's dooshy-ness and brain-farts on the field and the bases makes it that much clearer.

But, if you had to start a franchise with one or the other who would it be???

OR

If you had to invest $XXX into one or the other players cards who would it be?

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Exactly. You guys keep Tommy John, er, Fernandez, and I'll keep Willie Mays, uh, I mean Puig.

Zinger!

Wish I would get my Fernandez redemption soon.. Its time to sell!

(11-12-2013, 11:17 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: Wish I would get my Fernandez redemption soon.. Its time to sell!
Which one is it?

(11-12-2013, 11:21 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Which one is it?
2013 Finest Refractor auto