Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st attempt @ Rainbow
Rainbow 
1st attempt @ Rainbow
Being a Yankees Organization Collector I am always trying to scoop up whatever Yankee cards I can. First TRUE run at a legitimate RAINBOW. I chose Mikeson Oliberto after doing some research and found that 1 seller had a handful of the harder to get cards.
Here is the progress so far.

[Image: MikesonOlibertoChromeRainbow11-4-13_zpsffd57318.jpg]

Needs:
Orange, Printing Plates & Super

[Image: MikesonOlibertoPaperRainbow11-4-13_zps125fc7ee.jpg]

Needs:
Printing Plates & Purple Ice
Incoming:
Red Ice & White Ice

Any info leading to obtaining one of my needs may lead to some sort of compensation. (not always meaning money) There is a member that has one of me needs and they know who they are. I hope they will cave and help me out. No names will be mentioned so no extra pressure will be put upon them. Hope to Get these needs down to just the Printing Plates & Super by end of the year.

RE: 1st attempt @ Rainbow
You've got a heck of a start there. Don't know much about the guy. Good prospect or just another guy with a shot?

Working on one myself, but there's no way I can justify paying $450 for the Super auto.
Kepler

(11-05-2013, 12:32 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: You've got a heck of a start there. Don't know much about the guy. Good prospect or just another guy with a shot?

Working on one myself, but there's no way I can justify paying $450 for the Super auto.
Right now a guy with a shot not really at "Prospect" status. It helps that I have met & talked to him in person. Talk to him to twitter every now and then. Also will be repeating the level of Hi-A Tampa as he was a post all star break promotion and stuck behind Mason Williams and Ben Gamel on OF depth within the system. I think ultimately this will become an IP Auto Rainbow. I know this will eventually get ate up by some of the Rainbow purist on here but it will make even it that much more of a project for me.

Hey RobbinsD....still waiting to recieve the Mcfarlane....
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

(11-05-2013, 09:33 PM)rollx8 Wrote: Hey RobbinsD....still waiting to recieve the Mcfarlane....
Sorry for the wait man. it is @ my wife's office she hasn't been able to put it in the mail.. but I have it now and it will be in the mail in the morning. I really am sorry... I did happen to see your Yogi too nice stuff.

(11-05-2013, 10:27 PM)Ziveus101 Wrote: I saw this on your twitter/blog post. Very nice start.

I had considered doing the same thing with Yeicok Calderon earlier this year (go for the rainbow and get as many of the cards signed) but I gave up after the guy who had tried building the rainbow who had the red, gold, blue etc... and I couldn't come to an agreement.
Wish you the best of luck though.
On a side-note, I got 4 TTM autos of Mr. Oliberto (paper base, chrome base, hometown flag parallel and blue wave refractor) over the summer Smile.
congrats on the TTM's I have the base paper and chrome done in person and will likely meet up with him when he gets back to tampa to finish off inking the rest of the set. he retweeted & favorited that said post...I will update the photos as the cards come in

Really nice. Hope you find the ones you need soon. Will love to see them when the rainbow is finish.

Wow! That is totally awesome. /jealous
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(11-06-2013, 05:36 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: Really nice. Hope you find the ones you need soon. Will love to see them when the rainbow is finish.
Thanks for the comments. I hope they pop up soon.