Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf Best of Baseball?

Leaf Best of Baseball?
Has anyone opened one of these?

My LCS had two boxes sitting on the shelf for ever and I had been thinking about buying one for over a month. Well I was at the shop Sunday and another customer decided to try one. It had a Stan Musial auto in it. A real nice 2001 Team Topps reprint auto that was PSA/DNA slabbed and certified. He was happy with it so he grabbed the other box and that one had a 1969 Topps Nolan Ryan PSA 8. I was so jealous when he pulled that one lol. I should have bought those instead of the 3 Bowman Chrome jumbos I opened.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

RE: Leaf Best of Baseball?
(11-04-2013, 10:14 PM)Haze28 Wrote: Has anyone opened one of these?

My LCS had two boxes sitting on the shelf for ever and I had been thinking about buying one for over a month. Well I was at the shop Sunday and another customer decided to try one. It had a Stan Musial auto in it. A real nice 2001 Team Topps reprint auto that was PSA/DNA slabbed and certified. He was happy with it so he grabbed the other box and that one had a 1969 Topps Nolan Ryan PSA 8. I was so jealous when he pulled that one lol. I should have bought those instead of the 3 Bowman Chrome jumbos I opened.
Wow, that hurts just thinking about it! What did those boxes sell for?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I think it was 225. The Ryan sells on eBay for almost 500 by itself so it's a pretty solid break lol.

It's definitely hit or miss. It's made for the gamblers hiding their addictions behind baseball cards. Sounds like the guy did well though. It's just another high-end repack scam, but it's a better value than any of the Sbay Crapperboxs.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

I've watched about 15 different case breaks of this stuff on YouTube and I would have been happy with most of them to be honest. I'd take the stuf out of these boxes over the stuff I have pulled from Tier One and Bowman Chrome any day.

(11-04-2013, 11:42 PM)Haze28 Wrote: I've watched about 15 different case breaks of this stuff on YouTube and I would have been happy with most of them to be honest. I'd take the stuf out of these boxes over the stuff I have pulled from Tier One and Bowman Chrome any day.
Yeah I'm sure if you compare the value of 200 bucks of topps boxes to this its a good deal....but these high end boxes are just such a crapshoot