`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1999 Skybox Autographics Question

1999 Skybox Autographics Question
I have been collect Michael Doleac in past year. I have about 75 percent of his major checklist along 4 game used full jerseys.

Over the year, I have build a checklist of Michael Doleac and I learned that there's two of 1999 Skybox Autographics. As there's one with silver font without any limit number and second one is purple font with /50. Then earlier this week I found /20 on eBay and I won it. Now Im not sure if its a real or fake card. the /20 looks little fishy comparing to /50.

Here's the link to the eBay that I won. I will let you guys decide if it's 3rd card of it. Is there more? /100, /10, or 1/1??

/20
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-00-SKYBOX-A...true&rt=nc

plain one
http://www.comc.com/Cards/Basketball/199...ac/1530117

/50
I have it but dont have scan yet.

Best,
Danny

RE: 1999 Skybox Autographics Question
I don't have a ton of knowledge on the autographics, but what I do know is that 1) several series did use two colors of pen for the autograph with one being a shorter print, and 2) they are often counterfeited. I also referred to Beckett and they only list the standard and the /50 versions, though they sometimes miss details. My best guess is that this might be a legitimate auto, but the 14/20 was added later by someone trying to scam buyers. It looks like both the standard and "/20" version are done in black ink?

On a side note the /50 version was originally blue ink. I am wondering if over time the ink faded, or if it just looks purple up against the background of the card.

By the way, an impressive collection. I love that you are so organized with it, and so passionate. You have so many of his cards, is there a "white whale" that you are chasing?
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

I have never heard of a /20 version of the old school Autographics. I'm guessing it is a legit regular auto and the numbering was added by a scammer.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

if it's a fake then someone will have to remove the /50 and add /20 because it's on the purple font on the side as the regular one is in silver. This one was signed on purple card.

I just googled up and found few /20 so i think its real now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Travis-Best-99-0...2584c6465f

My /50 Doleac wasnt signed in black as well. All three i have is in black.

My /50 Doleac wasnt signed in blue as well. All three i have is in black.

Card is 100% percent authentic! fleer inserted buyback type autos in selected rack packs of fleer brands(pretty sure it was fleer platinum) in 00-01 or 01-02 cant remember off hand but they just took real regular base autographics from 99-00 and numbered them to 20 and inserted them into the rack packs!

These came out of the 00-01 and 01-02 Fleer Rack Packs, however some were sold in the bankruptcy auction without the hand serial numbering, so it looks like it could be authentic. If you want to get it graded it will have be sent to JSA first though.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

hmmm...they did buybacks of cards already autoed? Man that's confusing. Oh well. Learn somethin' new every day!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

found more information tonight. Check it out Smile Im so happy that I could add to the major checklist and have more tough cards of Doleac in my collection. Still hunting for more!!!

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baske...-blue.html