`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
prdictions on current red sox card/player sales

prdictions on current red sox card/player sales
I know they just won the series this conversation come around every year any predictions on RC sales autograph price increases like I dont want to invest in Red Sox but Im just interested in input on this

RE: prdictions on current red sox card/player sales
Red Sox in general don't sell as well as I'd expect. I don't understand what you're asking though...
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Yea...doesn't seem like anyone wants thier cards. I don't expect any rise...appear to be very frugile collectors (ie the smart ones who don't overpay for stuff). Nah, don't waste your time trying to corner the market...LOL.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

There will be a slight peak in interest in a few players, but I wouldn't expect book values to increase. I think the player that may see the biggest added interest in his rookies and autos will be David Ortiz. I wouldn't expect a big increase, but definitely more than most other players on the team.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I can see Bradley Jr. And Xander's stuff going up but the rest shouldn't change much.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(11-01-2013, 07:48 PM)chbbcardfan Wrote: I know they just won the series this conversation come around every year any predictions on RC sales autograph price increases like I dont want to invest in Red Sox but Im just interested in input on this
It would help a LOT if you used some punctuation ( commas , periods . etc )

Personally, I don't see much change in the values of the Red Sox players cards. Ortiz maybe, b/c he now has 3 rings with Boston and was the WS MVP! Most of the rest were bought in free agency or traded for. I can agree with Xander possibly gaining value. I highly doubt that any of the other starting players for Boston will see any significant gain in card value.
I am a Cardinals fan, BUT I do not see any gain in BV for any STL players either. Wacha will certainly lose value, Beltran may lose some too even though he played very well. I think Adam Wainwright takes the biggest hobby drop from this WS.

xander will rise, ortiz might have some increase. if ellsbury stays in boston (very unlikely) and signs quickly, he might rise a bit

the topps world series game used set next year, however, will sell for bonkers money, just like 2004 and 2007

Xander is the one that's going to climb if you buy anything go that route.
There also seems to be some demand climbing for Owens

(11-02-2013, 05:29 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: xander will rise, ortiz might have some increase. if ellsbury stays in boston (very unlikely) and signs quickly, he might rise a bit

the topps world series game used set next year, however, will sell for bonkers money, just like 2004 and 2007
I'm surprised the Red Sox don't seem more keen to resign him. I would think he'd be a franchise-type player. I know I've heard his name associated with the Tigers...not sure what to make of that.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

That'd be a very stupid move for the Tigers if they're so worried about salaries that they're willing to deal Scherzer.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]