`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
prdictions on current red sox card/player sales

RE: prdictions on current red sox card/player sales
(11-02-2013, 09:44 AM)uvaspina Wrote: I'm surprised the Red Sox don't seem more keen to resign him. I would think he'd be a franchise-type player. I know I've heard his name associated with the Tigers...not sure what to make of that.
there's a couple issues here:

1. the sox have nava, gomes, victorino and rookie bradley under contract. they also have brentz coming up. nava is arbitration eligible, but only made a half million this yar. he might see 4 million next year - after being 8th in the league in average, and being a good soldier by not complaining when he was benched for gomes in the playoffs

2. ellsbury is controlled by boras. there wont be a hometown discount (like varitek did, or pedroia). he will be looking for a long term deal...7 or 8 years. and probably be looking for at least 18 million per year

3. the red sox just divested themselves of all long term contracts. they arent looking to get into more, even if this year they got under the salary tax hit

4. not just injury history, but toughness from coming back from injury. make no mistake: ells burned a lot of bridges a few years ago when he took his time coming back from the rib injuries and by not traveling with the team but instead doing private rehab in arizona.

5. he didnt adhere to team philosophy. ells swung at more first pitches than any other player on the team, something that was emphasized time and again. he also struck out quite a bit, especially in the playoffs (second on the team in k's. though part of that is batting leadoff. nevertheless, you dont want your leadoff guy striking out)

6. he's a slightly above average leadoff hitter, great on the basepaths, good fielder, terrible arm. that is not usually a franchise guy

if ellsbury would take a 5 year/15 million dollar offer with incentives for games played....id be cool with it, as would sox gm ben cherington. i dont trust ellsbury with a long term contract whatsoever

No love for ellsbury???
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(11-02-2013, 06:11 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: No love for ellsbury???
if he wasnt going to be a free agent, if he hadnt had such an injury history....maybe

Nope, no value in the Red Sox so just give them to me. (lol)

I pretty much agree with what has been said in the post. Pedroia has risen though, and that surprises me. I'm a Super Collector of him so I am constantly looking for his stuff. Seams like over night the "asking" prices nearly doubled but I expect that to end here soon and prices to go back to what they were.

(11-02-2013, 07:35 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Nope, no value in the Red Sox so just give them to me. (lol)

I pretty much agree with what has been said in the post. Pedroia has risen though, and that surprises me. I'm a Super Collector of him so I am constantly looking for his stuff. Seams like over night the "asking" prices nearly doubled but I expect that to end here soon and prices to go back to what they were.
i have a pedroia signed bat for my charity....should be a big seller at our event in februrary (and im pretty sure we are going to get napoli to make an appearance)

(11-02-2013, 07:46 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i have a pedroia signed bat for my charity....should be a big seller at our event in februrary (and im pretty sure we are going to get napoli to make an appearance)
Man, that's awesome!! Did Pedroia sign it specifically for the event or was it something that was donated for your charity?

Wow I am surprised nobody said Koji go look up his 2009 Rc cards if you have OPG. most of the rookies went up in value. I had one that shot up 15.00
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(11-03-2013, 05:53 PM)waynetalger Wrote: Wow I am surprised nobody said Koji go look up his 2009 Rc cards if you have OPG. most of the rookies went up in value. I had one that shot up 15.00
I have a koji auto card that shot up too