`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Should we open this to other sports or strictly baseball (remember you will receive what YOU collect)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
40.74%
11 40.74%
No
59.26%
16 59.26%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
2013 Beckett Secret Santa - LETS ROLL!

RE: 2013 Beckett Secret Santa - sign ups through Nov 12!
(11-07-2013, 10:09 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: Oh man I was hoping for at least a username so I could cheat by using their want list to pick from. hope I wasn't only one that thought of this... wouldn't want to spend money on something that someone already has and would just turn around and use it as trade bait...or am I alone on this boat?
I do think we need a name to put on the envelope. The secret isn't the receiver but who Santa is. I can def. have something mailed that the the receiver would not know who or where it really came from.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(11-07-2013, 10:09 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: wouldn't want to spend money on something that someone already has and would just turn around and use it as trade bait...or am I alone on this boat?
That was my concern except on the receiving side. I would hate to receive a card that I already have, and then feel bad about putting it up for trade or selling it. That was the main reason I asked about including other sports, as I could be more vague in other sports then in baseball where my wants are much more limited.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I think what everyone submits as their wants should be both detailed, and broad when in doubt. for example:

I had a few specific cards, a list of 5-12 specific things I want.
Then I had some names that I'd like autos of,
and lastly, I had a general thing like Braves autos.

That way I think there is a spectrum of things to choose from.
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

I'm interested if there is still room or an even slot.

Ok guys its been a busy couple days for me but just wanted to update a few things.
We are keeping this as a baseball only event based on the votes.
Sign ups will run through the 12th so if anyone wants it they have to PM me by then, there are an unlimited number of spots (need even #'s though)

And MOST importantly, this is in the spirit of GIVING and FUN. If someone gets you one of the 1000's of cards out there that you already have, no need to feel bad about trading it later, its all about the thought, and if you're like me, you don't mind having as many copies as possible of certain cards anyway.

RE: 2013 Beckett Secret Santa - ONE DAY LEFT TO SIGN UP!
Bumping this up, sign ups are closing tomorrow at 8PM EST. I will message everyone that has PM'D me confirming that they are participating with what I need, if you haven't PM'd by 8pm tomorrow, you're outta luck! I will have everyone's partners randomized and chosen Wednesday night provided I've heard back from everyone.

I've decided that for now I wont do this this year, so I am out. I will watch this and more than likely do this next year.
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.

So will you be doing tiers at different price points, if so what will the tiers be, if not then what will the price point be for everyone? I was really hoping to see more information about this before signing up. I know today is your deadline, so hopefully you can get more info posted before the cut-off time tonight.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(11-12-2013, 12:02 PM)djohn Wrote: So will you be doing tiers at different price points, if so what will the tiers be, if not then what will the price point be for everyone? I was really hoping to see more information about this before signing up. I know today is your deadline, so hopefully you can get more info posted before the cut-off time tonight.
this will be tiered, $25, $50 and $100 limits seems like a good way to go about it. This will NOT be done by BV, it will go by what you pay for the card. You don't have to spend exactly $25 $50 or $100 just keep it in that range as I understand some people will go to ebay, some to COMC, some to LCS, and prices vary, sometimes you'll get a steal. Everyone will be partnered up Thursday and I will send out the details via PM as to what your partner collects to give everyone time to find something.

Is there anything I've missed? I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible to encourage people to sign up and have some fun and make sure that everyone can participate no matter their budget.
Also, due to a few people either not responding to PM's or dropping out, we need one more person to make it even. After one more person commits, I will be forced to only allow 2 entries at a time to keep it even. So lets keep this thread at the top until tonight so everyone sees it!
(11-07-2013, 10:41 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I do think we need a name to put on the envelope. The secret isn't the receiver but who Santa is. I can def. have something mailed that the the receiver would not know who or where it really came from.
My thought on this was to prevent people from figuring out the member by looking at old trade invoices or something, but I will send everyone their partners names and addresses

RE: 2013 Beckett Secret Santa - 6 HOURS LEFT TO SIGN UP!
If need be I can back out to make it even. either way iI'm fine.