`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Should we open this to other sports or strictly baseball (remember you will receive what YOU collect)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
40.74%
11 40.74%
No
59.26%
16 59.26%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
2013 Beckett Secret Santa - LETS ROLL!

RE: 2013 Beckett Secret Santa - sign ups through Nov 12!
I'm interested depending on the details. Will you allow other sports or strictly baseball?
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(11-06-2013, 12:22 PM)djohn Wrote: I'm interested depending on the details. Will you allow other sports or strictly baseball?
Interesting question...For me, I don't see a reason to limit it to just baseball since people are out looking for/buying stuff they don't necessarily collect for other people to begin with. I'll post a poll for everyone in a few and see what others think.

I voted no....not that I don't want others to participate...but I only collect and have a small knowledge of baseball. The others I would be an idiot in the woods trying to find something for someone. Just letting you know where one no vote came from (it honestly doesn't matter as long as folks post thier goodies here in baseball!)
(11-06-2013, 10:52 AM)hongkongfooey Wrote: We won't discriminate! I understand about the shipping times for all you foreigners, and as long as you use a service that has international tracking, it's not an issue,
There are no "foreigners" in an internet community...LOL...LOL.
(Damn foreigners...LOL LOL).

I really needed that after today....I'm kidding and understand what you ment..........

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(11-06-2013, 09:26 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I voted no....not that I don't want others to participate...but I only collect and have a small knowledge of baseball. The others I would be an idiot in the woods trying to find something for someone. Just letting you know where one no vote came from (it honestly doesn't matter as long as folks post thier goodies here in baseball!)

There are no "foreigners" in an internet community...LOL...LOL.
(Damn foreigners...LOL LOL).

I really needed that after today....I'm kidding and understand what you ment..........
Thats the problem I could see happening also, if you know nothing about cards in other sports then you really have no idea what you're looking for and it would take the fun out of shopping, esp if you only subscribe to one sports OPG. We'll let the poll ride out a couple days and see.

Count me in. Never done this, need more details! Thanks

I'm in the same situation as Joe. I would be happy to buy other sports, but I really really have no idea on them so pretty detailed wishlist would be helpful. I don't even know what products are good or considered terrible so it would be some research work. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just hope I don't end up picking out something not so great.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

The organizaer tries to put proper matches so someone who knows FB for example will buy for someone who wants FB. That way mismatches should be minimized.

I have a few more questions...
How detailed of a wish list are you expecting? For instance I would hate to get stuck with someone whose wishlist is only 1 or 2 specific cards, but by the same standpoint I don't want to simply list the 1 or 2 players I collect and get cards I already have.
Will the recipients be randomized or will the organizer match people up as he sees fit?
How will the tiers be broken down, I assume by value (but will it be book value, street value, eBay price)? This one can be a big deal, as there are plenty of $50 BV cards that can be bought for $5-$10, and plenty others that sell for over $50. For instance hot players like Puig and Trout are going to sell much closer to BV than most other players.
I know this is supposed to be fun and shouldn't be a big deal, but I prefer getting details before I commit to something. Thanks
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(11-07-2013, 07:06 PM)djohn Wrote: I have a few more questions...
How detailed of a wish list are you expecting? For instance I would hate to get stuck with someone whose wishlist is only 1 or 2 specific cards, but by the same standpoint I don't want to simply list the 1 or 2 players I collect and get cards I already have.
Will the recipients be randomized or will the organizer match people up as he sees fit?
How will the tiers be broken down, I assume by value (but will it be book value, street value, eBay price)? This one can be a big deal, as there are plenty of $50 BV cards that can be bought for $5-$10, and plenty others that sell for over $50. For instance hot players like Puig and Trout are going to sell much closer to BV than most other players.
I know this is supposed to be fun and shouldn't be a big deal, but I prefer getting details before I commit to something. Thanks
Nobody will be handed wish lists, I will ask everyone to send players or teams they collect, and they can narrow it from there (I.E. Alex Rodriguez in Mariners Uniform Only) those are broad enough yet specific enough to where people can have fun shopping. We're going by sale value, ebay isnt the end all be all, but most of you guys are smart enough to figure out a fair price for cards you target to keep you close to your budget, BV is out because as you said, you can have a $25 BV Jeter that sells for much more and a $25 BV Paul Goldschmidt that sells for $3. Everyone will be randomized within their tier, and will only receive the address of the person they are paired with (no names, no usernames) to keep with the secrecy.

Hope this answers everything for you!

(11-07-2013, 09:10 PM)hongkongfooey Wrote: Nobody will be handed wish lists, I will ask everyone to send players or teams they collect, and they can narrow it from there (I.E. Alex Rodriguez in Mariners Uniform Only) those are broad enough yet specific enough to where people can have fun shopping. We're going by sale value, ebay isnt the end all be all, but most of you guys are smart enough to figure out a fair price for cards you target to keep you close to your budget, BV is out because as you said, you can have a $25 BV Jeter that sells for much more and a $25 BV Paul Goldschmidt that sells for $3. Everyone will be randomized within their tier, and will only receive the address of the person they are paired with (no names, no usernames) to keep with the secrecy.

Hope this answers everything for you!
Oh man I was hoping for at least a username so I could cheat by using their want list to pick from. hope I wasn't only one that thought of this... wouldn't want to spend money on something that someone already has and would just turn around and use it as trade bait...or am I alone on this boat?