`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 years ago tonight.....

5 years ago tonight.....
Just a lament on the state of my Phillies. 5 years ago tonight they brought a city together that hadn't had a major sport champ in 25 years.....my daughters were 6, 4 and 2 and I was about 25 lbs lighter...what the hell happened (LOL).

I know some have suffered longer and I feel your pain, but the future looked so bright, we had to wear shades.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

RE: 5 years ago tonight.....
I am a Detroit Lions and Sacramento Kings fan.

Combined championships since I've been alive — 0.

Yeah, the Tigers won one in 1984, but I was 9 and not really into sports yet, barely remember it.

Not a Warriors fan?
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Still seems like yesterday. CSN did a little tribute for it at the end of their show today. Seeing how Philly championships come about every decade or 2+ I would have thought it would have gotten a bit more air time. Still remember where I was on that last pitch and the call by the late Harry Kalas with Wheels going crazy in the press box. Ahh the memories! In the present state of Philly sports I hope I live long enough to see another.
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

(10-29-2013, 07:12 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Not a Warriors fan?
I do like the Dubs, but was raised in Sacramento.

If the Kings had gone to Seattle, the Dubs would probably become my team.

I know what you mean Joe, so much talent and potential with your team the last few years. I thought they would have at least one more! If Ryan Howard and Utley could stay healthy it might be a different story.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

they traded victorino away (and a whole lot of other players) who is now, even though hasn't played yet in the world series, about a win away from winning a second...he was the spark plug for a team that needs one...and because i'm from hawaii i have a biased opinion.

(10-29-2013, 06:26 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Just a lament on the state of my Phillies. 5 years ago tonight they brought a city together that hadn't had a major sport champ in 25 years.....my daughters were 6, 4 and 2 and I was about 25 lbs lighter...what the hell happened (LOL).

I know some have suffered longer and I feel your pain, but the future looked so bright, we had to wear shades.
They had one heck of a pitching staff, didn't they?!?!
... And I think I was about 25lbs lighter,too! (If that makes you feel any better?)
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Ill always remember that pitch ahhhhhh sigh...... memories
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

If it makes you feel better, I don't remember the last time my team made the playoffs. Literally.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]