`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is this possible? 4 Finest boxes, all 4 Jumbo Relic Auto's of same player...

How is this possible? 4 Finest boxes, all 4 Jumbo Relic Auto's of same player...
I broke my 3rd and 4th Finest boxes today two weeks after my first two, and even though I'm a Padres fan, this is ridiculous. The four Jumbo Auto Relics were the Refractor, XFractor, Orange Refractor and Red Refractor of Jedd Gyorko.

Have any of you had that happen before?

Also of my eight total Topps Chrome Autos from four boxes of that product I pulled two Casey Kelly variations and two Adam Eaton variations.

RE: How is this possible? 4 Finest boxes, all 4 Jumbo Relic Auto's of same player...
Do you have any idea if they were from the same case?

Either way, Topps is notorious for lousy collation ... after 60+ years they have yet to figure out that there are people out there who might want to buy more than one box of the same product.

Seriously.

RE: How is this possible? 4 Finest boxes, all 4 Jumbo Relic Auto's of same player...
Well... if it makes you feel better Gyorko was a very underrated rookie. If you're a Padres fan you should be very happy! Odds of Puig are super slim and Machado Finest cards are worthless compared to what his auto should command. 85% of the rookie autos in Finest are worse than Gyorko. It's better to be early to the party (with Gyorko) than late (Puig)! Hope that cheers you up!
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Sounds like you are well on your way to a rainbow
[Image: Z5Ez1Jf.png]
Banner Courtesy of Jbel4331
Current FB Sets
2010 Panini Plates & Patches RPA (35/35)
2011 Panini Gold Standard RPS (36/36)
2012 Topps Strata Blue Clear Cut (42/43)
2013 Topps Inception Green RPA (39/40)
2014 Panini Immaculate Ink #'d/49 (10/24)

(10-28-2013, 09:29 PM)mbodow1 Wrote: I broke my 3rd and 4th Finest boxes today two weeks after my first two, and even though I'm a Padres fan, this is ridiculous. The four Jumbo Auto Relics were the Refractor, XFractor, Orange Refractor and Red Refractor of Jedd Gyorko.

Have any of you had that happen before?

Also of my eight total Topps Chrome Autos from four boxes of that product I pulled two Casey Kelly variations and two Adam Eaton variations.
Sounds like you got very lucky. As a Padres fan, picking up those 4 jumbo autos of Gyorko and the 2 Casey Kelly ... That's really amazing! Which 2 Casey cards did you get?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

well, considering it wasnt all base ones...id say you did good...honestly...whats wrong here lol...decent rookie...and a hell of a start to a rainbow

I thought they would be the same card, but wsnce they are different, then that is good.
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.

Ok. We have a Jedd Gyorko super collector. I guess will see you in the next beckett magazine.

Just put some shoes on. I'm tired of seeing the barefooted dude in the "Supercollector" ad they always use in the magazine.

(10-31-2013, 07:30 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: Ok. We have a Jedd Gyorko super collector. I guess will see you in the next beckett magazine.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]