`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I retracted my first bid today on ebay

RE: I retracted my first bid today on ebay
I'd say poo on pack searchers....BUT two wrongs don't make a right. Buy a known hot pack, then say it was faulty......sounds like ObamaCare!
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

(10-28-2013, 07:32 PM)petillo64 Wrote: -1 pack searcher!!!!
No, I don't do that and I don't agree with pack searching. I just think that when you place a bid you need to honor that bid.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(10-28-2013, 07:12 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: +1 What do we do about traders trading Hot Packs? (LOL..inside joke)
That = Actually just fine

(10-28-2013, 08:39 PM)hempick Wrote: No, I don't do that and I don't agree with pack searching. I just think that when you place a bid you need to honor that bid.
It's okay bro, hopefully you used your $5 per pack profit for some good.

No harm/no foul on buyers part IMO...
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(10-28-2013, 09:25 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: That = Actually just fine
That = absolutley awesome!!! We got a big kick out of it. (explaining it can be difficult when they won't touch a "hot pack" LOL)

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(10-28-2013, 09:58 PM)petillo64 Wrote: It's okay bro, hopefully you used your $5 per pack profit for some good.

No harm/no foul on buyers part IMO...
Heaven forbid someone voice an opinion other than "attaboy."

You are pathetic.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(10-28-2013, 10:22 PM)hempick Wrote: Heaven forbid someone voice an opinion other than "attaboy."

You are pathetic.
Heaven forbid someone takes offense to a jestful response on a freaking baseball card forum and resorts to insulting others...

Keep hunting down those relics at Walmart... Attaboy
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(10-28-2013, 07:52 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Anyone with more ebay knowledge have any info as far as customer complaints/claims? At what point does it become a problem for an account etc...?
I really don't know, but I retracted a bid last night ... I placed a max bid and was immediately outbid with about 9 -10 minutes to go. Then either I grabbed it wrong, or it hit something on my touch screen of my tablet, but the +1 bid key was inadvertently activated and I ended up being the high bidder on a card I didn't want for that price ... I retracted it. Only the second time I ever did it. Never got any negativity from eBay on either situation.

I also agree with some others here ... We should try and band together to NOT support pack searchers in their efforts ... Anyone placing a guaranteed Hot Pack on eBay should be ignored.
Now that I'm thinking about it, there might be a legitimate Hot Pack scenario ... Buy a box with 3 hits, you open all the packs except 1 and you only had 2 hits .. Guarantee hot pack, I guess? But really, does THAT ever really happen?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-29-2013, 07:06 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Now that I'm thinking about it, there might be a legitimate Hot Pack scenario ... Buy a box with 3 hits, you open all the packs except 1 and you only had 2 hits .. Guarantee hot pack, I guess? But really, does THAT ever really happen?
there is only 1 good kind of pack searcher: a dead one
(i kid, o kid)

no, the 1% of honest ones do so because they set builders, and dont care about "hits". they weigh them out, and the heavier ones get sold, they keep the rest for themselves to build sets. the "hot packs" help pay to build the set. those guys are alright with me

mind you, those kind of hot pack sellers are very far and few between. the vast majority are wretched scum

Pack searchers are scum.
I am into collecting Charles Barkley, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. I alos will collect Goldy.
Right now most cards are not in the trade section, but in my org, so look there first to see what I have and then PM me an offer and if accepted I will move it to the trade section, ready to be traded.