`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WS Game 3 End

RE: WS Game 3 End
there in lies your proof, it doesn't matter that craig pushed middlebrooks down, because technically, that also means and shows that middlebrooks was obstructing the path.

if you want to go all technical in terms of the order of things, what caused craig to push middlebrooks down? the fact that middlebrooks was in the way. and in my books, that's obstruction. craig did not go out of the base path, so he had the right to have a clear path. same would go for a runner heading to second and a second baseman was in his way, you bump him to show that he was in the way...would you cry about that?

and yes, if it were the other way around, boston would be happy about it and the cardinals wouldn't. but in the end, it looks bad, but it is a rule that is normally enforced but just not necessarily at third base.

(10-27-2013, 08:39 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: before the supposed obsctruction, craig pushed middlebrooks down, thus negating anything afterwards.

Fact of the matter is that the Red Sox deserved to lose after poor management and a boneheaded throw to third. Oh, and also they lost because of a correct call by the umpires that ended the game, but especially the first two reasons.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

I don't care what happens...I'm indifferent about who wins...but I'm getting sick of Pedroia, with his wide-eyed deer-in-the-headlights look, while yelling at the umps on every play that doesn't go Boston's way. And the beard just adds to the annoyance factor...it just doesn't look good on him.

This is a bad picture but it's the best that I could find...

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dust...tedIndex=7

(10-27-2013, 08:39 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: before the supposed obsctruction, craig pushed middlebrooks down, thus negating anything afterwards.

also, joyce wasnt looking at third when it happened
He saw when Middlebrooks raised his legs a second time and tripped Craig

(10-27-2013, 09:01 AM)zeprock Wrote: Look at this photo. Craig was just called safe at third base. Is Craig headed down the baseline towards home or is he taking a detour towards the pitching mound over Middlebrooks?

I'm just saying if Middlebrooks was the runner and he tripped over Carpenter at third in the same situation, Cardinals fans would (justifiably) be up in arms. It is what it is but that doesn't necessarily mean it's right.
look at the replay and see that Craig goes nowhere the grass

Garbage call. That's all I have to say about it.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(10-27-2013, 06:07 PM)cspen Wrote: look at the replay and see that Craig goes nowhere the grass
Actually if you look at the replay you can clearly see that Craig steps on the grass.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

lol it was the correct call. Fans will always find ways to nitpick because they want their team to win. Good call by the crew in a tough time to make the call
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"