`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rookie cards

RE: Rookie cards
I just know that last year Harper was card 661 in Topps series two and had two more rc's in Topps Update and Cespedes was card 660 in series two and had two rc's in Update.

Maybe to help a little to clarify, Topps Update is a different brand from Toppps (Series 1 and 2) Think of it like a whole different thing like Gypsy Queen, or A&G etc...
[Image: LxqYj.png]

I collect in order 1. Dick Allen everything 2. Brian Omogrosso 1/1 3. Past Present and Future Penguins RC 4. Western PA MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL RC's 5. Pitt players in the NBA RC's

(10-25-2013, 09:46 AM)iconms Wrote: 2006 is when the rule started. This is when you see some (RC) cards for players who already had a RC issued under the pre-2006 old rule.
I couldn't remember which year that took effect. I knew it was around the mid-2000's.

(10-25-2013, 10:01 AM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Yeah I believe mcgwires rc is a team usa card isnt it??? (I dont have it) thats why i put the??
Yes is was, but it was a subset in the Topps set. It was in the 1985 Topps set, but in an Olympic Team subset.

Topps Update has always been unofficially Topps series 3. At least by most collectors I know.

one case I can't figure out is Marlins prospect Rob Brantley's base Topps has the Rc Logo but his Topps Chrome same pic as Base Topps same year release etc... does not.