`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 box Topps Chrome

1 box Topps Chrome
Have to say this was a very solid box, glad I decided on this over a jumbo of Update. Got a Puig Xfractor, regular refractor, base, and a 72! Also, on my first auto I pulled(Casey Kelly base) there was a redemption card for a Kyle Gibson base auto stuck to it so I got an extra auto in the box! Can't beat that. Oh the other auto...

[Image: 8B525461-8234-406D-A535-A75FDD3BD43C-175...c77a12.jpg]

Not the biggest name but he plays for the right team right now!

Another cool thing was while I was at the shop a guy walks in with 5 binders and a couple boxes of cards. Usually when you see this it's a bunch of late 80's early 90's junk that people are wondering if they have a small gold mine on their hands but this guy had near complete sets from 1973-76 and the 76 set had almost 230 cards graded PSA 8 or better! He sold it to the shop for less than 100 bucks. Unbelievable....

The one card that stood out to me though was this-

[Image: E14FFD7A-DC12-4AF9-89C3-7B138224020C-175...5697e3.jpg]

After the guy got his money and left they sold this to me on the cheap. I love how well centered it is.

[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

RE: 1 box Topps Chrome
Damn!! You always pull sick Cardinals stuff. I could use that Pug X for my set if you're trading it. I could trade Puig for Puig if you want. If there is anyway possible for the Martinez i'd love it but doubt i have anything close for it.

nice stuff mang! i'd love a shot at that martinez!
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

(10-19-2013, 03:16 PM)Neifert Wrote: Damn!! You always pull sick Cardinals stuff. I could use that Pug X for my set if you're trading it. I could trade Puig for Puig if you want. If there is anyway possible for the Martinez i'd love it but doubt i have anything close for it.
I know! I don't know why this Cards stuff ends up here in Chicago, just a slap in the face lol. I'll trade ya the X, I'll add it later and send an offer. The Martinez is on the Bay right now, if it doesn't sell for what I'm asking ill shop it around for trades here.
(10-19-2013, 03:20 PM)phreakyq Wrote: nice stuff mang! i'd love a shot at that martinez!
Thanks! I'll let you know on it if it doesn't sell.

(10-19-2013, 03:23 PM)Haze28 Wrote: I know! I don't know why this Cards stuff ends up here in Chicago, just a slap in the face lol. I'll trade ya the X, I'll add it later and send an offer. The Martinez is on the Bay right now, if it doesn't sell for what I'm asking ill shop it around for trades here.

Thanks! I'll let you know on it if it doesn't sell.
Good deal, check me for the refractors/xfractors as well. Still need a few refractors and 80 or so X.

Martinez kid is on fire right now. He has some high heat. Feel free to check me if the bay doesn't work out. Thanks.

Congrats on your break and very nice Sandberg pick-up. (hope they gave you an amazing deal on it....damn, how come we never hit those kind of jackpots like your card store?) An extra anything makes for a great box break. Thanks for sharing.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Solid box, indeed! Congrats! And sweet looking Sandberg, too! You're right, the centering looks near perfect. Wonder why it wasn't a 9.5 or a 10? Is it worth sending it for a regrade?
Hey, Was the Casey Kelly a base auto?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-19-2013, 11:26 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Solid box, indeed! Congrats! And sweet looking Sandberg, too! You're right, the centering looks near perfect. Wonder why it wasn't a 9.5 or a 10? Is it worth sending it for a regrade?
Hey, Was the Casey Kelly a base auto?
Thanks, I was wondering about that too. Maybe the surface is a little too rough to pull a higher grade. I'll have to inspect it closer in the morning to see if there are any imperfections. The Kelly is a base auto, I think I have 3 of them now lol.

That Martinez auto is a huge pull!!!!
[Image: XjsuPlx.jpg]