`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When to get a card graded (noobie)

When to get a card graded (noobie)
Still not sure how folks pick cards to be graded. I have some nice Hall of famers rookie cards in great to excellent condition. Is it based on your liking of a card or what. I know I gonna get sarcastic responses but I would really like to get some solid opinions. Thanks
Also are slabs included when you send your cards to be graded? Or is that separate.

RE: When to get a card graded (noobie)
(10-18-2013, 02:04 PM)mthsgrg32 Wrote: Still not sure how folks pick cards to be graded. I have some nice Hall of famers rookie cards in great to excellent condition. Is it based on your liking of a card or what. I know I gonna get sarcastic responses but I would really like to get some solid opinions. Thanks
Also are slabs included when you send your cards to be graded? Or is that separate.
On the first part, it is preference. You'll get different answers on this one. But to me it's preference.

On the second part, yes they are included.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Did I understand this correctly that from 1-12 cards is $30

(10-18-2013, 02:22 PM)mthsgrg32 Wrote: Did I understand this correctly that from 1-12 cards is $30
It depends on the monthly specials. And shipping (which I don't have, b/c I live close enough to hand deliver them. But I Pay taxes on it.)

But just using $10 a card and 12 cards, that would be $120. And that's without shipping and without insurance.

Oh OK. Thanks for the info. I thought I read on here that 1-12 is just 30 dollars total No insurance nor was shipping was included. So I miss understood that then. Yikes

(10-18-2013, 02:36 PM)mthsgrg32 Wrote: Oh OK. Thanks for the info. I thought I read on here that 1-12 is just 30 dollars total No insurance nor was shipping was included. So I miss understood that then. Yikes
Yeah, and the usual price (without a monthly special) is $12 (I think) and for 12 cards would be $144.
Ok. I just looked. What you saw was $30 a card for the 2 day service.

(10-18-2013, 03:08 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Yeah, and the usual price (without a monthly special) is $12 (I think) and for 12 cards would be $144.
Ok. I just looked. What you saw was $30 a card for the 2 day service.
Thanks for making sure for me! Really appreciate you taking out your time to do so. I really like this place. Really helpful folks.

I'm glad you asked this as I've wondered the same thing - probably because I don't have anything valuable enough (in my mind) to get graded. If I had your stuff I'd seriously think about it though!
[Image: f3PkfMg.png]

(10-19-2013, 12:44 AM)DLKnives Wrote: I'm glad you asked this as I've wondered the same thing - probably because I don't have anything valuable enough (in my mind) to get graded. If I had your stuff I'd seriously think about it though!
I really don't have that much either of than hall of famers rookie cards.

I have only had two cards graded. Both vintage and in near mint condition. Thought they had a shot at an 8 but both came back 7's. either way, paying for the grading was a profitable choice. Had they come back 8's, it would have been VERY profitable. That is the only reason I would grade is for resale purposes. I'm not a big fan of the bulky holders. The idea of having the card permanently encased "for protection" doesn't make sense to me either. A top loader + a small team back + keeping it out of my daughters reach seems just fine.

If I ever did get heavily into collecting vintage or dropped money on a very expensive vintage card online, I'd definitely buy graded
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint