`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Super Box Series Two Break

RE: 2013 Super Box Series Two Break
A '12 Sterling Bruce Maxwell has ABSOLUTELY NO PLACE in a product like that. Not to bag on a young A's prospect or anything, but I almost think the break would look better if they had not included that card (or any other low level common from that series).Throw a 92 Upper deck Jeter or something cheap but decent in there if you're going to stick it to someone and try and leave them feeling Okay about it...

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(10-19-2013, 11:15 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Well, like I've warned in the past, stay away from SBay's not so Super Boxes! Although that Eddie Matthews card isn't bad (if you paid $50) it's still a bit of a rip off to me. Maybe I'm wrong. Not knowing your other cards, I'd guess you did a little better than I did.
Funny, they must have busted a ton of Panini, because my "big" hit from my box was a Panini Sparky Anderson relic card. Hey, here was my sucky break! About $50 worth of cards for $130! SUPER!
[Image: 05A776D6-DE59-450C-8A9D-8B7B3C288663-273...ab9ffd.jpg]
You did better than me I think. The Mathews was the only card I got.

(10-20-2013, 03:00 PM)treswatson Wrote: You did better than me I think. The Mathews was the only card I got.
Seriously? Only that 1 card? Wow! Did you Buyit directly from SBay, or through a distributor ? Either way, I'd raise a little ruckus if I were you! That truly sucks worse than my box!
(10-20-2013, 12:16 AM)petillo64 Wrote: A '12 Sterling Bruce Maxwell has ABSOLUTELY NO PLACE in a product like that. Not to bag on a young A's prospect or anything, but I almost think the break would look better if they had not included that card (or any other low level common from that series).Throw a 92 Upper deck Jeter or something cheap but decent in there if you're going to stick it to someone and try and leave them feeling Okay about it...
Agreed!
When I called and complained about the box, the owner of SBay (Scott? Maybe, I don't remember ) joked and said something about Maxwell might become the next Big thing, then I'd be pretty happy with that box! .... Which only got me more pissed!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.