`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extremley old cards. Need Help Identifiying

Extremley old cards. Need Help Identifiying
We found these cards years ago behind a fireplace of my grandparents house. Can anyone tell me about these cards.

photo OLDCards_zps8f868477.jpg

RE: Extremley old cards. Need Help Identifiying
Scans of the back of each card would be VERY helpful. the George Dauss one, I found a listing for the W501 card, had the same picture, but more lettering in the top and bottom margins. So please scan the backs. Now, as to the authenticity, grading would establish that. Hope this helps.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Here are the backs of the cards. Thanks for helping.

photo OldCardsback_zps424ec0dd.jpg

Looks like they are the E121's not the W501's...
1922 E121 American Caramel Series of 120 30 George Gibson &
1922 E121 American Caramel Series of 120 16 George Dauss

Description of the E121 series...
The cards in this set measure 2" by 3 1/2". Many of the photos which appear in the "Series of 80" are duplicated in the so-called "Series of 120". As noted above, the variations in titling and photos have run the known number of cards past the original statement of length and collectors should expect to encounter additions to both E121 lists in the future. The cards have been alphabetized and numbered in the checklist below. The complete set price includes all variation cards listed in the checklist below. [Collapse]

and the W501 series...
This 120-card set, referenced by the catalog designation W501, measures approximately 1 15/16" by 3 1/2". The cards have white borders which frame a posed black and white photo. The cards are blank backed and have the number in the upper right hand corner. The cards are thought to have been issued about 1922. All these pictures are the same as the ones in E-121. All photos are all identified by a G-4-22, which is the best guess to how the set is dated as 1922.

Hope this helps.
scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

I agree with Scott, very nicely put too Scott. I sure do appreciate the chance to see these older cards, thanks for sharing.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Thanks Scott Zoe, Much Appreciated. Does anyone have any interest in these cards?

I am interested in the George Gibson. What are you looking for in return?
Collecting Steelers, Pirates and Penguins

Wow! Almost to the 100 year mark.

I am interested in the George Dauss. Sending PM
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!